Terrance Can Sing?

I decided to call the hospital, Dad was in, and I asked when I could see him.

"Ah! Yes," the person said, "You can come visit him tomorrow at 6 or 7. Is that okay, sweetie?"

"Yeah," I replied, "That's completely fine. Thanks again."

"Alright, bye!"

"Bye."

Short, but I needed to see Dad at least once. I've been going through my days all bored, stressed, and I can't even think about anything else but what's been wrong in my life. Mom being a murderer, Dad in the hospital, and me not being able to dance.

I then got a pop-up on my phone. I groaned and picked it up. It was a text from Terrance. Should I keep calling him Home Boy, or should I call him Terrance? I'll call him Terrance. The text made me remember stuff.

Hey, Coora, u cming 2 the studio?

I nearly forgot! Shit, I hope I'm not too late to at least see them!

I looked at the time, and it was only 5:00pm. Thank God! Sure, I might hate myself for seeing others dance, but I really wanted to see what dances they were doing. Besides, I might find some other way to do hip-hop stuff. I'm starting to sing along with Pentatonix more often, so that's helping.

I grabbed my backpack, and my phone with my earbuds and headed out the door.

At the studio, there was no one here. Early as always, Coora. I decided, since there was no one here, I plugged my phone into the speakers. I won't dance to the music, but it would be nice to listen to it on the speakers. 

I decided to play the song What Do You Mean, seeing how I didn't want to play any other song. I started nodding my head to the beat, and I already felt the dance in me coming out. I looked out the metal doors, to see if anyone was there, and when I saw no one, I decided to do some simple moves.

The moves were slower than most of the moves I've done, but they still went to the beat. I shook my arms and hands around and stopped like I was too shy to dance again. I kept on doing this, even when I was reading on Wattpad, on my phone.

I started nodding my head side to side as the beat dropped.

What do you mean?

Oh oh oh!

When you nod your head yes

But you want to say no

What do you mean?

I then felt a flick on my forehead, so I looked up and saw Terrance. He had a huge smirk on his face. I looked around and saw that a few people were already here. I then realized that they had to use the speakers, so I got up and unplugged my phone from the speakers.

"Sorry about that!" I said, "Didn't realize that people were already here."

"It's fine," I heard Nigel say, behind me, "You looked like you were enjoying the beat. Like you always do, when you dance."

"I didn't know you sang, Coora," Terrance said.

"Oh! I was singing out loud?" I asked.

"Pretty loud and clear."

I felt my face heat up. Terrance started chuckling.

"Hey! It was good, don't get me wrong. I was just surprised that you sing too."

"Well, thanks."

He nodded his head as others came into the studio.

Throughout the lesson, they were doing slow movements to What Do You Mean. Coincidence? I don't think so. I shrugged it off, and I kept on watching the dancers dance. I kept tapping my foot and nodding my head to the beat of the music. 

When the day was over, everyone but me and Terrance were left. I was just looking through my phone for any missed calls, when Terrance came over to me. I glanced up from my phone and bit the inside of my cheek.

"What's up?" I said, looking through messages upon messages of trash.

"Guess I'm not the only one that sings," he said, randomly.

I looked up from my phone.

"You sing too?"

"Since I could remember."

"Can I hear ya sing?"

He shrugged and started singing What Do You Mean. Sheesh, that song was getting annoying to listen to now. When he started singing, I was in awe. His voice nearly made me fall asleep!

What do you mean?

Oh oh oh.

When you nod your head yes,

But you want to say no

What do you mean?

Hey yeah

When you don't want me to move,

But you tell me to go

What do you mean?

Oh

What do you mean?

Since your running out of time, 

what do you mean?

Oh oh oh!

What do you mean?

You better make up your mind, 

What do you mean?

When he was done singing the song, I was still in awe. He started laughing, and I realized I was probably in the most shock possible.

"Kinda funny to hear my singing voice, huh?" he said, "Your face just said it all."

I shook my head.

"Sorry," I said, "I just haven't heard someone sing that song in a while."

He chuckled and followed me out the door.

How in the world did Home Boy have an awesome voice?