Class Dance

Next day, no school, nothing but empty dance studio.

I came in to the studio and, for once, it was empty. I was usually one of the last people to come to class. Maybe everyone got lost while tying to find the location. Besides, I did get to see the this place before anyone else.

I set down my phone, and, since I brought my amplifier wire, I attached it to the speakers. I decided to practice the class dance to Hit the Quan. It is one of the newer songs we're doing. These speakers were awesome!

The bass was really brought out, so it helped me with the moves. As I was doing the part where I'm suppose to spin, wouldn't you know it, my phone started buffering. I tripped but didn't fall like last time. Speaking of last time, wonder what Home Boy's doin'.

Just as the thought came into my mind, Nigel, the instructor came in with...... HOME BOY?!

"Yeah," Home Boy said, "Saw her right 'ere dancing to one of her own dances."

He then looked at me and smirked.

"Ha! I thought you were familiar!" he said.

I raised my eyebrow, and Nigel started chuckling.

"Can't believe you remember Coora, but she doesn't remember one kid in her class!"

"Wait," I cut in, "Home Boy's in our class?!"

"He joined a few weeks ago," Nigel said, "Everyone knew who he was, and seeing how you don't talk much, you never knew he was a new kid."

I face palmed myself. I really don't get any new information, do I?

"Well, at least we're here and I want to see your new dance that Home Boy here says you did."

I looked up. H-he really wants to see what I have so far? I didn't even think it was that good! Thank god a group of popular kids from the crew came in to interrupt us.

"Eh," Nigel said, "I'll see it tomorrow. Gotta get the rest of class in."

As class went, we were doing some of the "harder" parts of the dance. Honestly, the moves are easy, if you do them slowly at first. None of the kids in the class do them slowly at first. They all rush ahead to the fast paceness. Like, I think it's better to know the entire dance, rather than go to the beat at first and not no anything about the dance.

Enough of my jib jab, it's time to do the actual dance. 

First, Nigel, a friend, and his girlfriend show us the dance that we have to do, and after he's done, he calls out on someone and a couple other people to do the exact same thing. Gotta admit, his GF's got some moves.

After he was done, he looked around the studio. Everyone's faces turned pale. They probably didn't know how to do a single move from the dance. When I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up from my searching and saw Nigel pointing to the dance floor.

"Go for it, Rookie," he said, "Show us some REAL moves."

He picked two other girls, and we all went to the dance floor. The music started and I got my beat down. 

P-p-pull up on the block

And throw the dash like crazy 

The chick is hella hot but I know she be crazy.

Dab it dat but they can't get none from it

Every dance move is based on the next beat. Once you get the bass beat down, you've got the dance at ease. I then started to enjoy the dance. I decided to have a bit of fun with my dance moves. My moves became more agile, and a bit ore energetic.

At the end of my dance session, everyone started clapping.

"Nice job, Rookie," Someone called, as the rest were packing up to turn in.

I turn my head towards the voice. It was Home Boy. I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I answered, "You gonna call me 'Rookie' from now on?"

"HA!" he snorted, "You were anything BUT a rookie."

I smirked, slightly, at the compliment, but that ended shortly after Nigel wanted to talk to me.

"'Sup?" I asked.

"You wanted to show me that dance?" he replied, picking up his stuff.

I bit my bottom lip. I didn't want ANYONE to see my embarrassing dance. 

"If you're afraid of people watchin', then you're gonna be fine."

Just then, my phone rang. I looked at it and I saw it was Mom.

"You can go into the city if you want," it said, "You probably will like the city better anyways."

I turned off my phone and told Nigel:

"Can't right now. Mom said I gotta get home soon."

"Aw, too bad. Was really hoping to see your dance for class."

I shrugged and headed out the door. I was only halfway down the hall, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I glanced over and saw, wouldn't ya know it, Home Boy.

"What do you want, Home Boy?" I asked.

"You're afraid to show Nye your dance, aren't you?" he asked.

Nye was the instructor's nickname. He only let a few people call him that.

"N-no I'm not," I answered, "Just gotta get home."

He then skipped in front of me.

"Yeah you are," he said, pointing his finger at me, "I can see right through you!"

I rolled my eyes and tried to get through, but he moved in front of my way.

"Tell me the truth, Coora," he said, looking into my eyes.

"I need to go Home Boy," I said.

He put his hand up.

"Tell me!"

I groaned.

"Fine!" I snapped, "I'm so scared that I feel like everyone's gonna laugh at me and I'm gonna be the outcast of the class." I was shocked to think that all of that was true. "Happy?"

He smiled.

"Very."

He then moved to the side, waving his arms towards the door.

"Ladies first," he mocked.

I shook my head and walked out the door to the outside world.