"The lot is still packed, let him sta-" Bethany began, only to be stopped by Troye. 

"I have places to be. Bye Beth" Troye announced, pulling Connor outside of the school after saying bye to the rest of the group. Troye didn't give Bethany a chance to kiss Connor goodbye, which both boys were thankful about.

"Places to be, Tro?" Connor laughed, walking to Troye's car. Troye smiled when he heard the laugh come from Connor's mouth. It was something he hasn't heard in awhile. "What's really going on?" 

Troye got into the car without answering the question, waiting for Connor to do the same. Once inside, both boys buckled their seat belts and Troye started the car. 

The latter turned to Connor and spoke; "I could tell you were uncomfortable." 

"You really get me, don't you?" Connor sighed out, giving Troye a real smile. 

"More than you know, Con" Troye mumbled to himself as he turned on the radio to drown out the sound of his voice. As Troye turned into the sub, Connor turned off the radio. 

"T? Can we maybe go to your house? I need to talk to you." Nervous, Troye grasped the steering wheel firmly and nodded his head. 

"Yeah. Yeah of course" He smiled. Maybe Connor was finally going to tell him what's up. 

__

The two boys walked up to Troye's room and sat down on his bed. Troye grabbed his backpack and retrieved his earphones. This was a normal routine for the boys for when they needed to tell each other something.  They'd lay down and listen to music until one of them worked up the courage to finally spill their secrets. 

Connor silently thanked Troye as he grabbed the left earbud and lied down next to the taller, more skinnier boy. They tapped their fingers to the tune of Oh Wonder songs and hummed quietly until, after an hour or so, Connor was ready. 

"Troye?" He questioned. Troye paused the music and took out the ear bud, turning his full attention onto Connor. "I'm ready to talk now"

Smiling, Troye put his phone on the bedside table and allowed silence so Connor could fill it with his words. 

"You can tell that i've been acting strange around Bethany, right?" Troye just nodded because yeah, that's all he could think about for the past month. "I'm so unhappy with her." Connor admitted. 

"Why?" Was all Troye said, which managed to trigger Connor's tears. 

"she's nice, she really is, but I'm using her, Troye."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't feel anything with her. I don't feel a spark when we kiss or happiness when she holds my hand. I don't like her, hell I'll never be able to like her."

"Why's that?" Troye felt like he knew where this was going. He had experienced the same thing, but he didn't say anything. He just allowed Connor to talk.

"Because, I'm using her to try an convince myself that I like, well, that I like girls. But being with her only made me realize that fuck, I really don't like girls at all Troye." Connor admitted, and Troye just nodded his head, opening his arms for Connor to fall into. "I like boys, Troye"

"Con I-"

"I'm not done" Connor mumbled into Troye's shoulder. "I feel bad for making Bethany do this and she has no idea why I even said yes and god Troye I'm such a dick" 

Troye had to refrain from using a 'you are what you eat' joke, because that wouldn't be very appropriate and it's way too soon. So he just resorted to hugging Connor tighter and letting him talk. 

"and you want to hear the fucked up part? Whenever I kissed her, I just sat there wishing it was you kissing me or you holding my hand you telling me that Friday is our one month." Troye was speechless as Connor spoke, but it was true. Everything was true, and Troye felt that too. "Because I want you" 

Troye didn't know what to say, so he didn't say anything. 

"I just fucked up, didn't I?" Connor asked after the silence filled the room.  "God, I'm sorry just forget about it."

"No" Troye replied sternly. "No, i'm not going to forget about this, Connor."

"At least don't be awkward about it, okay? Let's still be friends"

"No"

"Wh-what?"

"No, we're not going to remain friends because dammit, Connor, we're going to make your wishes realities and you're going to be able to kiss me, hold my hand, and celebrate being together for a month." Troye spoke, this time making Connor's heart drop to his stomach. 

"You really want that?" Connor smiled. "Cause I want that."

"And so do i. Hell, i've wanted that since the first day of high school." Troye admitted, looking Connor in the eyes. "And I think it's about time to make one of those wishes true."

"Not yet, Troye. I'd be cheating on Bethany. I'm not that much of an asshole. I have to tell her the truth first."

"Then will you kiss me?" 

"Obviously."

__

A/N 

what is this