Chapter 3

Berlin

(Image above is of Berlin)

I felt like my breath was stolen from me as I ran. I quickly found myself breathing hard, my lungs threatening to burst, although I continued to move as fast as my short legs could carry me. I could sense that the man was on my heels, and that he could easily sniff me out no matter where I ran. In the midst of my panic, my wolf took over and I quickly found my small, pup-sized body to be tangled in a pile of my own clothes. 

No! Max's sweater! I can't leave it behind! I exclaimed to myself, kicking my tiny paws so that they would become untangled. When I was finally free, I grasped the arm of Max's sweater in my teeth with a whimper, dragging it across the floor before entering the large and luxurious Pack House kitchen. I needed to hide, and quick. I lifted my nose carefully, sniffing softly and scrambling into the closest cupboard as my senses picked up that the man was around the corner. My small paws pushed me as far back as I could go in the small, dark area and when I was in the back, I burrowed into Max's sweater, allowing it to cover my entire body and engulf me in his calming scent.

I whimpered once more, both my voice and body shaking uncontrollably at the sound of heavy footsteps and deep, dominant growling directly outside of the cabinet that I hoped would save me. There was a moment of silence before the door of the cupboard was completely torn away. I froze completely, attempting to stay as still as possible underneath the sweater as I breathed in Max's soothing scent. However, this proved to be impossible, as my limbs betrayed me and I began shaking like a leaf once more. 

All of a sudden, Max's sweater was yanked away and I was left fully exposed to an extremely large, black wolf. His eyes were a bright, almost liquid gold color, and filled with an intensity that I've never  seen before. I was overwhelmed. I couldn't take it. 

My tiny paws reached for the sweater as I tumbled out of the cupboard, a whine escaping my throat at the thought of someone else touching it, but my movement was cut short when my tail was caught gently in the jaws of the black wolf.

"Stay still." he said into my mind through our extremely weak mate link. Surprisingly, I froze, but it didn't stop there. I shifted back unintentionally, suddenly finding myself to be completely naked in front of the one person I was trying to get away from. 

As tears welled up in my eyes, I grabbed Max's sweater and held it tightly against my chest, curling up in a ball on the ground.

Defeated. 

I felt strong arms wrap around be tightly, lifting me up against a broad, sinuous chest. But at that moment I didn't care. I didn't have much fight left in me at that moment, at with that in mind, I let got go of my inhibitions and simply allowed sweet unconsciousness to take over my body. 

Osias

A Short Time Later

He was scared of me. That much I knew. However, what puzzled me was why I gave him so much distress. Hell, I haven't spoken a single word to him aloud, yet when I attempted to get to him, he ran as if his life was at stake. When I ran from the ceremony, I simply allowed Ortiz to take my spot and continue it as usual. That fucker loved substituting for the Alpha position whenever he got a chance. 

When I saw his wolf hiding in the kitchen, I knew that he was everything I've ever imagined. He was tiny, only a small amount larger than a pup with a coat which was similar to his hair color. When he shifted back and I carried him in my arms, I noticed the way that his blonde bangs curled around his cheek and fell perfectly across his eyes and forehead, although the rest was up in a small bun on the back of his head. He was definitely a mixture of the couple that came in before him, although it seemed as though he took on most of the Asian features of the smaller man. I'd have to commend them for creating such a beautiful child.