Chapter 7

That's Jake >.>

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 7

Chris let go of my hand slowly… almost as if he couldn’t or didn’t want to. I stared at him and he mimicked my stare.

“Why are you so cold all of a sudden?”

“Oh um… I get like that sometime sorry… why did you…”

“Ah felt like it?”

I smiled at him and he smiled a little but I could tell he was still unsure of what just happened between up. I swim around him and then see him follow me closely with his eyes. I still could feel the coldness of his hand and the fire from his lips. It didn’t match at all.

“Did you.. um”

“What?”

“Hungry?”

I couldn’t ask him if he saw what I just saw. He would think I was crazy or something. Nothing like that had ever happened to me but I guess it’s a first for everything.

“Yeah a little.”

“We should go then.”

I smiled at him one last time before swimming towards the edge and pulling my body out. I started to shake a little and heard Chris groan from the coldness as he crawled from the water.

“It’s really cold. Are you going to be okay?”

“Yeah. If I eat something I should be good. Being anemic isn’t the greatest.”

He smiled at me and started walking towards the wall we climbed down. I followed behind him picking up the backpack and my clothes. It took us about 10 minutes to get back to the car. I unlocked the doors and he basically ran inside. His lips were purple and he was shaking hard. I felt bad to have him out here. It wasn’t the warmest day to go for a swim. I peel off my swim trunks and pull back on my pants and the shirt leaving it unbuttoned. My eyes travel back to where we came. It all felt too damn real… whatever I just knew I couldn’t freeze Chris to death. I jogged over to my car and opened up the door sliding in quickly. My eyes rested on Chris’s shivering mouth and I turned on the heat full blast. Summer was ending so fall was coming a little quicker than I estimated.

“Hey I have a jacket you can wear it.”

“Nnn..nnoo it’s ff…fine I don’t waaannt to get it weet.

He stuttering was kind of cute but I would rather him do it if he was nervous not from being cold. I reach in the back pulling out of my favorite leather jackets. I never let anyone wear it… let alone touch it. I lay it on top of him and then turn the heat up full blast.

“Th…hanks”

“Shush and warm up.”

He nodded his head pulling the jacket over his shivering body more as the heat blew hard into his face.  I back up quickly and then make a quick turn back onto the road. After a few minutes Chris seemed to be better. The chattering of his teeth stopped but only the once and in a while random shivers happened. I pulled into this old diner on the side of the road and parked. He looked at me and smiled a bit, I felt bad for making him like this. I stepped out the car and buttoned up the shirt a little and walked over to his door. He was half way out with his arms in the jacket. It fit him actually which made me think he was cute… yes I am physically attracted to this guy and who wouldn’t be?  I was still kind of worried if he might go around the school saying shit about what happened. The whole nice cute guy thing might be an act… let’s just say I have trust issues.