Chapter 21

Chapter 21

{Chris}

It seems that my birthday plans with Jake were ruined a bit. I got his sister to tell me that he was planning on taking me back out to the lake but have lights hanging from the trees and a night picnic… it sound really romantic and I was pissed I couldn’t enjoy it. With me and Jake being so beaten up we were rarely left to be alone. Jake’s dad Eric was always protective of not just Jake but me as well. My sister finally came back the day of my birthday and attacked me as soon as she saw me when I was over Jake’s house.

“Oh my fucking god my poor baby!”

She ran through the door almost pushing Katie over as she grumped on top of me making me groan in pain.

“Get off!”

“No I will not. You are going to take this like a man cause I almost lost you.”

“Please I’m going to pass out.”

Jake peaked around the corner and then walked in from the kitchen to stare at me and my sister in our awkward embrace. He smiled a little but then it faded as he saw my sister turn around to stare at him. She looked mad. Sarah stood up slowly and walked over to Jake staring him down.

“You put my brother in danger you ass hole.”

She had tears in her eyes but her voice didn’t break. She punched him in the arm and then grabbed him and hugged him tightly.

“Do I need to have your license revoked?”

“Sarah it wasn’t Jake’s fault. Someone ran into the middle of the road.

Jake stood there awkwardly looking at me. I smirked at him and stood up slowly easing my way towards my deranged sister and scared boyfriend.

“Okay that’s enough. You scared him enough.”

Sarah looked up at him and saw that Jake was frozen like a statue. He had a thing about being hugged by people he didn’t know that well. It was weird since he had sex with so many people but that’s another story I don’t want to remember.

“I’m sorry. Even thought I yelled at you I was worried.”

“He knows now let my boyfriend go.”

She laughed and gave him one last squeeze and her arms fell to her side and she took a step back only to notice that Eric and Katie were staring at her like she was crazy. I couldn’t blame them. My sister was a tad bit on the crazy train.

“Thank you so much for watching over Chris while I was gone. I know I’m not home a lot but I can trust him with you guys.”

Eric smiled awkwardly at Sarah and let out a very small no problem and Katie looked like she was about to burst out laughing. Gotta love my sister.

After a few more hug and kisses and freaking Jake out with another hug we decided that a lunch birthday thing was needed for me. I protested but they ignore me like usual. Me and Jake weren’t allowed to drive so we had to go with my sister since Katie’s truck was already full with Eric and Angie. They made sure we were stuck with crazy lady. Jake and I decided to play it safe and stay in the back seat together. This way if Sarah had the urge to grab and hug one of us it would take a lot more effort.

 My head leaned into Jakes shoulder as we watched the trees pass through the window. He softly kissed the top of my head. Moments like these were perfect. No words needed to be said just the presence of each other was enough. Sarah seemed to notice this as well and broke the quiet.