Chapter 3

After a while of sketching out some figures in the middle of the room I couldn’t help but glance occasionally at Chris. He seemed to be very into drawing which made him seem a little less…scary? I could hear a few people whisper about summer vacation and about upcoming parties. It reminded me... about Carter.  I still wasn’t planning on going the kid just wanted sex. He wasn’t appealing anymore. But Chris, he seemed to draw my attention to him. Even though it was the first day of class I hoped that I could at least enjoy his looks from a far. He still gave me weird vibes but no harm in eye candy.

“Mr. Sullivan good job… work on the highlights of the objects more.”

I jumped as I heard Ms. DeMarco talk. I forgot how she would sneak up when you least expect it. I nodded my head and looked back to the paper focusing on making the highlights in the objects as perfect as I could. I loved using charcoal, it was easy to move around and also it gave a cool effect to drawings.

“Ahh you must be Chris Alexander. You’re doing an awesome job.”

I turned to see Chris with a small smirk on his mouth as he looked up at our lively art teacher. She nodded her head and placed a slightly withered hand on his shoulder as she moved around to look at the others drawings. As soon as she left his eyes were looking at mine. A small shiver moved down my body. It felt weird but it wasn’t a bad way. Chris moved his head and looked at my easel.

“You’re pretty good.”

He smiled as he bit the middle of his lip slightly. I noticed throughout class he would do this. It was very distracting!

“Ya same to you.”

I try to sound as normal as possible as I continue to work on my highlighting. He would turn and look at me once in a while and this game of pee- a-boo between the two of us seemed to last forever until the bell rang. I sighed in relief I didn’t know how longer I could sit there and try not to look at him. I stood up quickly and put my art supplies away safely in my bag. I leave the picture on the easel since it was just a practice run to see how our skills were. When I turned around I ran right into Chris. I wasn’t the type of guy to start a confrontation but if I was provoked I would finish it.

“What?”

I had to look up at him to see into his green eyes. He didn’t look like he was about to do anything but still he made me feel on edge. He backed away slowly with his hands in the air as if I was pointing a gun at him.

“Nothing just … just wanted to talk to you for a bit.”

I glance around the room and then my eyes came back to his face. He had a small smirk that made me want to kick him…well actually not kick him more like pin him down and make him beg for mercy. I smiled in my mind at the sadistic thought.

“About what?”

“Well… about earlier. Is he like your boyfriends or something?”

“No and if he was it wouldn’t be your business.”

“You’re right I was just wondering is all.”

His smirk disappeared after a while. He stared me in the eyes for a while before he turned around grabbing his bag and walking out of the classroom. This kid is weird but I can’t help but find him attractive… damn hormones. I walk slowly out of the classroom hoping that my stalker had left. I was about to turn down the hallway when I see my sister. She is against the lockers talking to some year 10’s. I don’t really notice who they are except for when one called out my name. I look at the kid with the red curly hair and big baby blues. He was cute in a way but not my type at all but my sister seemed to be thinking differently. I walk over to them slinging my book bag over my shoulder.