Chapter 29

Sunday just consists of me crying and eating a bunch of junk food thinking about what tomorrow is...

I can't sleep and I won't. If I fall asleep the next day will just come faster. I just stare at the ceiling. Tomorrow's the day. Tomorrow's the day my life changed forever.
~⌚️~

I barely manage to get up after I hear my alarm clock go off at 6:15 am. I think about not going to school to keep my dad company, but I'm pretty sure he will be want to be alone. I doubt he will even come out of his room.

I hear my phone going off like crazy. I look at it and just silence it and slide it into my back pack. I can see my friends back home didn't forget...

I look through my drawers and find an over sized Nike sweatshirt and black leggings. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and put on my routine natural makeup with nothing on my eyes at all. I put sneakers on, grab my backpack, and head towards the stairs.

I pass my dad's room but I can't leave without saying goodbye and comforting him. I turn towards his room instead of down the stairs. I see his door is a little open. I peak through it and see him at his desk in there. He looks like he is keeping busy.

I tap the lightest knock on the door and open the door. It creaks and I walk in. I say "I'm going now dad. I wanted to say goodbye."

He says "Bye." Quick and continues with his work.

The pen he is using runs out of ink and he starts writing all over the paper to get the ink going again. He gets really frustrated and chucks the pen. Which makes me jump in fright. I can see tears building up in the corner of his eyes which makes mine do the same.

He stands up and walks over to me...

He grabs me...

And gives me the biggest hug you can give. He says in my ear "We are going to get through today."

I say "I can't believe this is the second year. It feels like she was here yesterday and just gone the next."

"I know Sophia. I know." He responds.

We look at each other and he says "Stay home we can watch movies and just relax."

When he says relax all I'm thinking is how can I be relaxed today. To many thoughts are going through my head per second. I guess my phone is still on vibrate because my backpack starts going crazy.

"I think I want to go to school to get my mind off everything." I say turning because I don't want to be late.

"Bye Sophia." He says as I walk away.

"Bye dad." I say.

~⌚️~

I walk into school and I feel like everything is happening in slow motion. There are too many voices to hear anything. My mind is just somewhere else. I bump into a girl who is walking fast.

I freeze when I look at my locker 'cause the last thing on my mind at this second is my locker combination.

I just stare at it. And stare. And stare.

I locked the paper with my locker combination inside my locker. I didn't tell anyone my locker combination. The only person that knows is... Oh god. He probably doesn't remember. I'm going to have to go to the office. I'm not going to be able to talk to the people at the office. I don't know if I'm going to be able to talk to anyone because if I start talking everyone's going to know I'm not okay. I'll start crying and they will really know I'm not okay.

I can't do this. I just can't. I feel a single tear stream down my face. I wipe it with the sleeve of my sweatshirt. School is too overwhelming for today. People are too overwhelming for me today.

The only thing I can hear right now is the sound of a gurney being rolled down a hospital hallway. Doctors screaming huge words I didn't know.

The only thing I can see right now is blood. Blood everywhere. And needles and tubes being poked into her so she could breath.

I start walking towards the door of the building my walk starts to change into a little run. All of a sudden I see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- Hope you enjoyed the chapter if you did don't forget to leave a vote and a comment. Let's try to get over 200 comments!

Team Cameron or Team Scott?

What do you think is happening?

What's on her mind?

Why is she so upset?