Chapter 11

Roxy’s POV

I woke up to being tickled on my nose. I knew instantly that CC put whipped cream on my hand. I lifted my hand and slapped his face. He screamed and fell off the bed. I laughed and licked the whipped cream off my hand. He smirked at me and smashed his cheek to mine. I squealed and pushed him away. I ran to the bathroom and washed my face off. CC stayed here for the rest of the month and we’ve been having a blast. My nana is in love with him because he helps with the cooking and garden work. My grampie loves that he watches hockey with him. “You know we have to fly to Florida today.” He said wrapping his arms around my waist. “Yes, I can’t wait to see my mom and her family.” I said. I licked some whipped cream off his cheek. He smiled and kissed me. I took a quick shower while he watched his face then we switched. We both got dressed. I walked over to my nana and kissed her cheek. “I made you guys waffles. I sat down and started to eat my waffles. I wasn’t looking forward to seeing my dad tomorrow. I love Andy to death but I was still upset that he hasn’t even called me since a month ago. I was excited to see my mom though. I ate quickly so we wouldn’t miss our plane. My grandparents dropped us off at the airport and my nana began to cry. I hugged her and comforted her. “I will be back soon. I will always have tickets available for you when I’m here on tour with the guys.” I said. She smiled and kissed my head. I smiled and kissed her cheek. I hugged my grampie tightly and he kissed my forehead. “Be safe, Roxanne.” He said. “I always am.” I said kissing his cheek. CC and I boarded the plane and I waved goodbye to my grandparents from the window. I watched my grampie comfort my nana and I cried a little. CC kissed my head and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He placed my headphones in my ears and played Pierce The Veil’s Collide With The Sky album for me. I rested my head on his shoulder and fell asleep. We soon landed in Florida in two hours. I ran through the airport with my two bags and saw my mom. “MOM!” I yelled. She looked in my direction and ran towards me. I ran into her arms and hugged her tightly. I started to cry tears of joy and she did too. “I missed you so much, Roxy.” She said. “I missed you too, mommy.” I said. CC looked at us and took a picture. “I missed you too, Juliet.” He said. She laughed and hugged him. We headed to my mom’s family home and her brother, my uncle, ran to the door. He attacked me with hugs along with his daughter Willow. Willow hugged me. “It’s nice to finally meet my cousin.” She said. “It’s nice to meet you too.” I said. I met my Uncle Tommy and my Auntie Angela. They are so nice and sweet. We were waiting around for my grandparents to get back from food shopping. I changed into my black bikini and put shorts and a Four Year Strong tank top on. My mom heard a knock at the door and went to answer it. That’s when I heard his voice. I heard my father’s voice. Willow asked to go for a walk on the beach and Tommy said she could go. CC, Willow and I escaped through the back door to the beach. It must be nice living on the beach. Willow interlaced her hand with mine and we took off running down the beach. CC tried running after us but couldn’t catch up. I threw Willow up on my back and ran faster. She started laughing and held my hair out of my face. “I love the color of your hair.” She said. I recently dyed it the color of Jennifer Lawrence’s light brown hair. She braided my hair in a waterfall braid. CC caught up to us and made a sandcastle with us. I looked up and saw Andy walking in the distance. “I’m going for a swim. Take Willow back.” I said to CC. He took my clothes and Willow and he headed back to the house. I dived into the water and swam out a couple yards. Andy was standing by the shore. “Roxanne, we need to talk.” He said. “Why should I talk to someone who hasn’t talked to me in a month? Didn’t care about what was going on in my life.” I yelled back. He sat down in the sand and put his head in his hands. I swam parallel to the beach back to the house. Juliet saw me and swam out to me with Willow. “Did you talk to him?” she asked. I shook my head no. She kissed my head and hugged me. I splashed around with Willow and did some body surfing with her. Willow giggled and smiled. She is so adorable and I’m glad I finally got to meet her. I was excited though for tomorrow to see all my friends at Warped Tour. Alex and the guys would be here along with Ronnie and the guys, Chris and the guys, Kellin and the guys, and Vic and the guys. Tony had my new Key Street hoodie and Snapback. I saw Andy sitting on the beach and I sighed. I went and took a quick shower. I straightened my hair and got dressed. “Um dad, do you want to go get some dinner?” I asked. He looked up at me and smiled. He nodded and reached for my hand. I held his hand and we walked to the boardwalk. We found a little seafood shack by the beach. I ordered a lobster roll and Andy got a fisherman’s platter. “Roxanne, I know I have been a shitty father. I’m so sorry for that. I know you can probably never forgive me but can we at least try to be a family again. I have missed you and your mother so much.” He said. I looked down and buried my hands in my face. Andy reached out and touched my hand. “Roxanne, I’m sorry. I should probably just get out of your life.” He said. I looked up. “Please, don’t leave me. Not like my parents who just threw me away. They didn’t even want me. You and mom have showed what it is like to be loved and wanted. Please don’t leave me.” I said crying into his chest. He held me in his arms and let me cry. I could feel him crying too. We ate dinner in silence and went to the beach. I rested my head on his shoulder and looked up at the stars. “I think if your parents did get to know you they would realize what an amazing and talented girl you are.” My dad said. I smiled and hugged him. “I really missed you.” He said. “I missed you too, daddy.” I said. Soon fireworks started to go off. I smiled and climbed on his back for out walk back home. I fell asleep halfway there. I heard CC asking if everything was okay now. Andy said yes and carried me to bed. I felt my mom’s soft hands change me into pjs and tuck me in. I felt two people kiss my head goodnight and leave the room. I heard the door open an hour later. I felt the bed dip. “Goodnight, Roxanne.” CC said kissing me softly. I rolled over and rested my head on his chest. I fell asleep being happy and safe.