Chapter 18

Diane's POV:

It's been three months since that night, the welcome back party for Adrian's brother - Victor's arrival. I was taken aback when I saw him at the Hendersons' residence. I didn't know that he's Adrian's brother. Back in Seattle, Victor and I developed a friendship that was somewhat special. After some time, it grew and developed into something bigger than what I was imagining. We were young and oblivious. None of us had the idea where the bond between the two of us are going.

I could still remember one of the most unforgettable days in my life with him - the moment he gave me a bouquet of white roses and asked me to be his girlfriend. I could say I had already fallen in love with him because that very moment almost brought me to tears, tears of joy of course.

Sadly, I wasn't ready yet so I turned him down. Yes, I loved him so much but I had to hold myself back. I don't know, I just thought that I still got some things to know before getting myself involved in a commitment.

Victor was obviously heartbroken. I saw his broad smile turned into a frown of distress in an instant. I told him the reason. I tried to explain so that he would understand and so that I could heal the affliction in his heart. We had a long talk about it. One day, I was looking for him in the place where we always meet and hang out then he didn't show up.

Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months, Victor never showed his face again. I tried to contact him but there was nothing at all. It seemed like he was the one who's intentionally trying to avoid me and that thought pierced my heart deeply. I, too, had fallen in great sorrow. I thought we were good. I thought we were okay. I was wrong. I should have known better.

Just like his broad smile the day he asked me to be his, he suddenly vanished. He was not within my reach anymore. He was gone.

So, I had no choice but to do the most painful thing - to let go.

Now that I've finally found him, I have a lot of questions I really want to ask. I had second thoughts and decided that I'll just keep it to myself. It's quite risky. I shouldn't be reckless now that I've successfully overcome my past with Victor. Everything about Victor and I back then are far too different now.

As of this moment, I'm just a little confused of whether I still have feelings for him - whether I'm still in love with him or not. Some of my friends told me that when people from our past emerges into our present life, our mind tend to complicate things. We might think we miss the person but the truth is, we don't. We actually miss the memories, that is.

In my case, I might think I'm still in love with Victor but I could be wrong. It's just so complicated. I want to stop thinking about it yet it always end up keeping me awake until four o'clock in the morning. I'm so torn in between of wanting to see him everyday and maintaining distance from him for a while.

But wait, how could I be so confused right now? I thought I knew what I'd say to Victor. I reassured myself that.

I shook my head and scoot towards my bedroom's door. As I turned the knob, aunt Caroline came right into my view, startling me. I gasped before I was able to say a word.

"Aunt Caroline!" I then exclaimed.

"Oh! I'm so sorry dear, did I startle you?" She asked as she fidgeted in front of me.

"A bit, but, it's fine. Really." I gave her a little smile of reassurance.

"Thank goodness. Anyways Diane, your friend Christine is downstairs. She's looking for you." Aunt Caroline said with modesty.