Chapter 11

Diane's POV:

"Adrian?! What are you doing here???" My eyes widened as I exclaimed, feeling cold and nervous. Christine said that he was staring and listening to our conversation and we were just talking about him! How embarrassing! I immediately turned away from him and shifted my focus to Christine.

"Ohh, so... that's your master? That's Adrian?! Omg, he sure is a hot one." Christine whispered excitedly in my ear.

"Shh, stop it Christine." I said quietly to her.

Adrian walked towards me and leaned close ‒ our noses almost touching.

"I followed you. You left without even telling me! What are you doing here???" His eyebrows drawn closely together as he asked.

"Meeting my friends. Wait, wait... It doesn't matter, it's none of your business! And plus, my work hours are over." I answered him with confidence, putting my hands on my waist.

"None of my business? No! You're my girlfriend Diane!" He looked at me as he snickered at the side.

"S-so? We're just pretending anyways!" I stammered and blushed.

His lips parted but no words came out. He looked up and down, tapping his foot on the floor, thinking of something to say.

Not for long, Christine signaled me that Alicia and Kathy just arrived. I backed away from Adrian and said. "Hmph! We gotta go!"

His lips thinned as he heaved a defeated sigh. He kept quiet. He didn't say bye or anything at all. I took one last glance at him before meeting with my friends.

Alicia gestured her hand on the road to call the empty taxi cab. It stopped then the four of us entered. I felt Adrian's eyes looking at me through the window. I ignored him. I closed my eyes and relaxed on my seat.

I trembled on my seat when my friends suddenly screamed. "What the hell is happening?!" I exclaimed as I stared at them.

"Oh my gosh Diane! That was the hot guy you served in the restaurant!" Kathy squealed, shaking her clenched fists wildly.

"I heard he called you his girlfriend!!! You're one lucky beeyotch!!!" Alicia followed as she grinned broadly.

I blushed furiously at their words. I responded. "We're just pretending!!!"

"Doesn't seem like you two are pretending. A while ago, it looks like he cared about you, for real." Christine replied as she checked out her sassy red-polished fingernails.

"Ugh, whatever beeyotch-es! Tonight, I'll go to a party with him and he said that I should wear something eye-catching. I haven't shopped for something fabulous in like, decades! And... I'm not really good with doing my hair and makeup. Help me please." I said while fretting in my seat.

"Duh, that's why we're here in the cab with you right now." Christine giggled.

"We'll give you the ultimate makeover that will make your boyfriend drool and want to ravage you." Alicia replied with a malicious grin curving into her lips.

"H-O-T!" Kathy said excitedly.

I just gulped and shook my head at them.

Thirty seven minutes have passed, we arrived at the mall. We paid our fair and stepped out of the cab. I gawked at the sight. It's been a long time since I've been to a mall. I almost forgot that it's always full of various crowds with beautiful fountains, plants, and other nice decors all over the place. I looked up at the towering glass buildings surrounding the mall.