Chapter 6

Adrian's POV:

My deep blue ocean eyes seem to lighten up a bit as it goggles at the lady sitting beside me on the couch. Diane. I must admit, her appearance is... extremely prepossessing. I observe her quietly as her finger enthusiastically plays with her lustrous dark brown wavy hair. Her well-defined eyebrows complimented with her straight-edged nose. I was then captivated by her glimmering hazel eyes surrounded with long dark lashes. I can't stop looking at her, especially when I spotted her alluring pink plump lips. She wears simple clothes over her petite-looking body, making her beauty stand out even more. I wonder why she felt so heavy when she sat on my back a while ago? It must be because of her bag or something. I don't know and never mind.

So... she was that dumb-slash-deaf waitress who got fired the other day because of my two best buds, Alfred and Johnny. Ahaha, those two freaks. I chuckled.

I feel a bit cold so I snuggled on the couch with my feet feeling cozy on Diane's lap. If she's here to be my next personal maid, then she better be of service to me now.

My mom, Janette Henderson, entered the scene carrying a tray with glasses of orange juice and two slices of mocha cake. My favorite.

"Adrian?! Show some manners! Why are you putting your feet on Diane's lap?!" Mom briskly put down the tray on the glass table in front of the couch and rapidly smacked my feet off Diane's lap.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed.

Diane put a hand on her mouth, trying to hide her giggle.

"I'm very sorry again Diane." Mom apologize as she hand a glass of orange juice to her. Diane carefully grab the glass from my mom's grasp and took a plate with a slice of mocha cake.

I groaned.

"Adrian, she's our guest so please behave yourself." Mom requested, pointing a finger at me like she's talking to a little kid.

"I thought she's my personal maid?" I replied.

"Tomorrow, she will be. Not at this present time, so don't order her around." Mom widened her eyes on me.

I groaned once more.

Diane faced me and smirked. Seems like she's having fun seeing me powerless and under my mom's control.

I shook my head and vented a defeated sigh. Enjoy now while you have the upper hand, I'll dominate tomorrow, you'll see. I looked away and grinned.

"Adrian, did you apologize to Diane while I was away???" Mom whispered as she roughly pulled my ear.

"A-aww, ouch! Umm, actually, about that, no." I answered quietly.

Mom let go of my ear then she sat between Diane and me.

I'm sure my ear is reddish right now and so are my cheeks because that was absolutely embarrassing. I only consider it okay when no one's around watching.

I rub my ear in hopes of making the pain fade away. I goggled at Diane again. She's currently busy talking with mom. I feel awkward and out of place. I feel like an outcast.

I started thinking about the things I'm going to do tomorrow when Diane begins her job as my personal maid. The first thing I want to do is punish her, for laughing at me while mom was rebuking me a while ago. What will I do? How will I do it? I guess I'll call her dumb-slash-deaf waitress for the whole day. She hates it a lot. That's already proven. Or what if... I make her as my human pillow? Nah, that doesn't seem like a punishment at all.

"Adrian, why not talk to Diane? You two should, to get to know each other better." Mom suddenly interfered with my thoughts.

Diane gulped as she took an edgy peek on me. I waited for her to peek one more time but she didn't. She chose to turn her face away. A strange modest twinge came over me.