Chapter 3

Diane's POV:

Cold morning breeze crept up on my legs as heavy raindrops cascaded from the dark cloudy sky. Instead of stretching, my body curled entirely, digging under the thick blanket and hugging the soft warm pillows. My phone's alarm rang loudly, irritating me and leaving me no choice but to get up.

Yawning and still sleepy, I get off the bed. I scratch my back as I clutch my phone to turn off the alarm. It's already nine thirty as seen from the screen of my phone.

Oh shoot! Why's it set on 9:30?! My work is earlier! Wait a second. Right... I just got fired yesterday.

I stared outside from across my bedroom's wide glass window. It's pouring really hard outside. The trees are swaying along with the wind's strong blows. I wonder if aunt Caroline managed to go to work with this kind of weather? Hmm. Only one way to find out.

I walked down the stairs, searching for my aunt. I look all over the house and no trace of her can be found, meaning that she already left for work. She must've left early when the weather was still fine.

Well, it's just nine thirty and luckily, I don't have to leave now because my class is like at twelve noon. I'm pretty sure this bad weather won't last very long.

My stomach suddenly growled in hunger so I sauntered into the kitchen. My eyes can't see a thing. It's so dark. I touched the kitchen's wall with my fingers seeking desperately for the light switch. The kitchen illuminated once I found and turned on the light switch.

I'm not in the mood to make some sandwich or pancakes so I opened the fridge and took out the milk. I then reach for the cereal placed up the cupboard. Gladly, I'm tall enough to reach it with ease.

I poured some cereal on a small bowl followed with milk. I sat down after and started eating.

The memory of yesterday flashed on my mind, making me stop for a moment with a spoon full of cereal stuck in my mouth. It was truly the worst day of my life. I was embarrassed and humiliated. I really want to forget it, especially those jerks. I wince as I remember their faces. Oh wait... 

There's this guy before the jerks, oh yeah, how can I forget? The hot guy. His face is like an angel yet his manners, ugh! Devilish. I winced once again. I don't ever wanna meet that guy again. I mean, I don't want to serve him like I did when I was still working at Mr. Danver's.

I pulled out the spoon from my mouth as I swallowed my cereal. I heard my phone ringing loudly again. I face palm, realizing I left it upstairs.

Lazily, I strode my way back to the bedroom. When I got there, I took my phone and checked why it's ringing. Kathy's calling.

I answered the call immediately.

"Hey, Diane, it's me. Umm..." She paused.

"Kathy, hi. Good morning." I greeted.

"I just wanted to say sorry about yesterday."

"What? Why? No, don't. You have nothing to do with it Kathy. It's okay." I put a hand on my soft dark brown hair as I tilted my head.

"But if I didn't let you serve the hot guy-"

"Kathy. It's really fine and it's my fault why I got fired anyways." My lips thinned, forcing to curve a smile.

"By the way, how are you doing and where are you right now? The weather is wild out here."

"I'm doing good. I'm just here at home right now. Wait, you? Where are you?"