Chapter 4

Diane's POV:

I arrived on time at school today, even earlier I think. Classes went absolutely great especially Mrs. Henderson's class. Maybe it's because we're now in good terms. I told her the other day I missed her class that I'm working part-time and she admired me but she didn't know I got fired. It doesn't matter anymore, all's clear. She get it. She finally knew. She finally understood.

Then I realized that I just forgot something. I was supposed to approach her after class and apologize once more, I told aunt Caroline that. No, I assured her. Oh, shoot. How disappointing. I'm already here at the bus and if I ever come back to school, she probably left and went home already.

Twenty five minutes of bus travel have passed, I finally arrived. The house's lights are on, telling me that aunt Caroline is already home. I reached the doorstep but before my hand turn the door's knob, I heard voices of other people. Aunt Caroline's got visitors? I leaned my ear on the door so I could hear the voices clearer. I heard three different voices, aunt Caroline's, someone I know but I'm not so sure yet and the last one, a total stranger to me.

I fell down on the floor when the door suddenly opened.

"Ouch!" I yelped.

I looked up at the person who opened the door. It's aunt Caroline.

"I'm so sorry Diane, I thought no one's there." She lend a hand to help me get up.

"It's okay, it's okay. Aww.." I yelped again when I noticed my elbows got scratched.

"You're bleeding! Oh my goodness, go sit on the couch and wait for me as I fetch the first-aid kit." Aunt Caroline exclaimed, looking worried as she panic.

"No, no, no need. I'll be fine. Let me do it myself. Anyway, do you have visitors? I heard other voices a while ago." I said as my eyes scanned the room, looking for the visitors.

"Yes, they're in the kitchen." She replied excitedly.

"Who?" I asked with a silly smile on my face.

"The Hendersons, oh, that's right. You should come with me and see them. We have something to discuss about." Her fingers entwined as she look at me straight in the eyes.

"Okay, you go ahead aunt. I'll clean and put a band-aid on my elbows first. It'll be quick." I said before I walked away.

I immediately went to the washroom. I opened the faucet and splashed water on my bleeding elbows. It stings, making me flinch a bit. Once I'm done, I put some band-aids on it.

I strolled to the living room and saw that aunt Caroline and the visitors are already there, happily chatting and cheering. I can't help but look at my interior design professor, Mrs. Henderson, who look so glamorous with her short blonde hair and pretty black floral dress. While the man sitting beside her who I assume is Mr. Henderson, wearing a grey suit, white shirt, and maroon tie made an elegant, powerful, and charming impression. I don't know why but he somehow looks like the man I bumped into today but it couldn't be him, they're just look alike because there's no way that a businessman like him would wait at the bus station. Still, the resemblance can't be unseen.

Soon enough, I feel kind of awkward since my professor from the university is around. I wonder why. Maybe they just happen to pass by. I don't know so I can't really tell.

Not for long, Aunt Caroline's eyes caught me off guard.

"Diane, there you are!" She exclaimed.

I scurried beside my aunt. She put an arm around me as she introduce me to the visitors.

"This lovely young lady here is Diane, she's my niece. Diane, this is Mr. Henderson, my boss and then his wife. You already know her, of course." She giggled as she wink at me.