Chapter 10

Diane's POV:

My back banged on the wall as I leaned and panted constantly. I can't believe I just did that! I said to myself while covering my heavy breathing with my hand. Even though I'm already out of Adrian's room, I'm still cold and nervous.

After a short while, my breathing carefully slowed down. I closed my eyes then opened them again ‒ enabling me to loosen up and instantly calm down. I sat on the corner and curled up, feeling ashamed of myself.

I'm very sensitive when it comes to words so I can't easily ignore it. I just don't like it when someone call me by rude words ‒ especially if that someone is in authority. From my previous personal interactions with Adrian, I've come to learn that I can never overcome him or make him shut up by mirroring his behavior so I decided to try a different approach.

I showed the coquettish side of me. I thought men tend to be vulnerable with that kind of approach and now I know I was right. It wasn't easy for me though. The last time I showed that side of me was to the kind guy I met back home in Seattle. He was the first guy who made me feel loved and special but I wasn't ready to answer him. I wasn't ready to have a boyfriend yet. I was so young.

The very thought of him made me smile and cheer up. If I ever see him again, I know exactly what to say to him.

All of a sudden, the doorbell rang. I hurried to the door and unlocked it ‒ thinking that it's Mrs. Henderson waiting right there.

When I opened it, my eyes widened, not in surprise or wonder but in anger. It's not Mrs. Henderson but the guy that I slapped back at Mr. Danvers! This is the jerk who made me lose my job!

I tried to close the door by slamming it but he already stuck one foot in.

"Hey! Take it easy!" He exclaimed.

"What are you doing here?! Who opened the gates for you?! Get out!!!" I shouted, still pushing the door to close.

"The guards! Duh! A-aww! Ouch! Stop it! You're squeezing my foot!" He groaned in pain.

I heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs but I didn't mind it. I remained focus on getting rid of the trespassing jerk.

"Diane! What are you doing? Stop that! Let him in!" Adrian yelled from a short distance behind me.

Not for long, my hands let go of the door, making the jerk free to step inside the house.

"Damn Adrian, I prefer your sixteen previous maids than this one." The jerk said as he glared at me.

I smirked at him while crossing my arms then I looked away.

"Diane, this is my friend Alfred. Alfred, this is my personal maid Diane." Adrian introduced us to one another, breathing wearily with his hand scratching the back of his head.

"So your name's Diane? That name's too gentle for someone who's too aggressive." The Alfred guy joked.

I faked a short laugh then rolled my eyes at him afterwards.

Adrian cleared his throat as he stared at me. "Diane. Please."

"Seriously bro? 'Diane'? Since she's your new girl now, start calling her 'babe'." Alfred joked again, making me flushed and furious.

"Err, umm, later at Johnny's party, where Veronica can see us." Adrian reasoned as he blushed lightly.

"Nice bro. Hell yeah. I'll surely watch your 'act' with Diane later." Alfred winked at Adrian then they did a fist bump.

I shook my head and mumbled. "I'm gonna punch you in the throat."

Alfred looked at me with a confused expression on his face. "Did you say something just now?"