chapter sixteen // broken heartstrings.

Mia's POV

I let out a loud groan as I do my best to stretch my legs out on our small little couch. I was in and out of sleep all last night. Of course I was the nice one that gave up her bunk for Tea and not one of the gentleman; of course.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," I hear someone say quietly.

I look up to see Louis seated at one of the chairs by my feet with a cup of tea in his hand. He gives me an amused smile. I can feel my hair sticking up in every direction and my mouth tastes like morning. I'm sure I'm just the prettiest picture right now.

Feeling like crap I just groan in response as I sit up, feeling my muscles aching in protest. As I stretch I notice the odd silence of the tour bus.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, probably smearing my make up even worse.

"They already all went out for breakfast and are going out on the town," He explains, finishing his cup of tea.

I raise my eyebrows. How late did I sleep in? How did I not wake up from them all getting up this morning?

Trying my hardest to stand up without falling right over, I grab hold of the side of the couch, feeling like an old man. Louis' laughter is cut short by a knock on the door of the tour bus.

He shuffles, rather tiredly himself, over to open it.

"Hey mate!" He cheers, much too loudly for just waking up.

Confused I shuffle over to see who's coming to the tour bus so early. Over Louis' shoulder I see a messy-haired red head that I recognize instantly.

Ed Sheeran.

When people see me they know that I'm into rock music; it's pretty obvious. I like loud music that can drown out the rest of the world. But there's just something about Ed's music that I love a lot. Shiloh hated that type of music, so he'd tease me whenever I'd listen to it, but I didn't care. His lyrics just dug deep inside me.

He looks at me confused, his eyes going from Louis to me. A smirk appears on his face despite how hard he tries to contain it.

"Ed, this is Mia. She's helping out on the tour," Louis explains, his cheeks turning a deep shade of red.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mia," Ed gives me a wave as he step onto the bus.

We all head over to the couches, Ed and Louis catching up, me trying to keep my eyes open. I'm about to sit down on one of the chairs when the door to the bunk room swings open, causing a large noise that sends me jumping in the air.

Our eyes snap over to the person standing in the doorway. Ed and Louis both start laughing as they look at an extremely cranky and tired looking Tea. Her hair is sticking up and her make up resembles a raccoon style. I'm sure she's a perfect mirror image of me at the moment.

"I'm starving, can we get breakfast?" She snaps, scratching the back of her head, making her stand up even more.

My stomach gurgles at that same moment, echoing in agreement of Tea's suggestion.

"We better do what the beast asks of," Ed jokes, causing Tea to give him the most deadly glare I've ever seen. I can't help but to smile a bit. Tea reminds me of my friends back at home.

With a grumble, Tea heads out of the tour bus, not caring that she looks like a zombie, another quality I like about her. Louis and Ed both laugh as I walk with the same dead rhythm back to my bunk to get dressed as quickly as possible.

I throw on a grey and black tie-dyed maxi dress, knotting the end of it so that it doesn't drag on the ground anymore and so it shows off my studded sandals Lou found for me. Going along with the lazy look, I use a pair of my lacy underwear to use as a headband to push the curls out of my face. I learned that trick from Lou as well; she's a fashion genius.