Chapter 10.

Chase.

Puffing the smoke, I relaxed on my window seal while looking down as people walk by.

I didn't bother going back to Harley.

There was just something about Levi. I don't know though, I mean she is just so annoying as fuck. I know I have said this million time but I just can't.

And I also hate that she is on my mind when she is not supposed to be there.

I sigh.

I have to see her again anyway, it's not like she's gonna leave me alone but one thing I hate the most was that I, Chase Walters, actually enjoys her presence and that's the main reason I feel annoyed not because of her but because of me.

It was me I was mad at.

Sometimes I think I should just ignore her presence and walk like I usually do with others but it is always hard when it's Levi and the other times the voice inside my head is telling me to move on, move on from the past.

Little did I know I wanted to and I would, but it's just difficult.

When you're are so used to people shutting you out that you become friends with loneliness and once you realise how peaceful it is, you never want to get out of it.

Sure, it didn't feel right but it sure as hell felt Legit.

But I wanted things to be right. I wanted to be happy, just like other teenagers.

It's always ea- "Talking body, you got a perfect one so pu-"

I sigh before picking up my phone.

"Hello." I answer in a tired voice.

"Chase."

And I immediately close my eyes at her voice. It was soothing and soft. I placed my head against the window's wall.

Flashes of how I walked away without even glancing back came back rushing and the guilt hit me hard.

"Hmmm." I say, my eyes still close.

I was too tired to argue with her for calling me.

"I'm sorry." She says and I open my eyes, not at all surprised there.

"Why are you apologising?" I ask. I mean it's not like she did anything. I was sure it is the other way around.

"For being a pain in your bottom?" She states which sounded more like question and I almost smiled at her way of choosing words, Bottom? Really?

I relax and thought about letting it go. It's not like I had other choice.

"It's okay." I say.

"Really?" She sounded surprise.

"Yes." I shook my head and said even though she couldn't see me.

"Wow, you were easy to apologise. You know some people stay mad for like, lifetime and even if you died for them they still wouldn't forgive you and even if-"

I smile at her bickering and pressed the red button on my phone, shaking my head.

She calls me again and I groan.

Yes, sometimes I really like it when people appreciate to call me but when it's Levi calling you 3-4 times just to listen to her bickering then well I better pray.

What I told you about her being annoying?

But nevertheless I pick up the call.

"Okay I know you don't wanna listen to me but at least tell me something about Elene?" She says and I furrow my brows in confusion before the curiosity came in.