Chapter 19

Chase.

By the time we reached Peter's Mansion, my body turned rigid. My composure was hard and for some reason I was nervous but ofcourse I kept my face glazed.

When we get out of the car, Levi immediately steps besides me and takes my hand, smiling up at me and assuring me in the process. She squeezes my hand and I feel serene.

The electricity bolts up inside of me at her touch and I can't help myself but hold her hand tightly.

I look at her and nod as if telling her 'I was ready.' even though I knew I wasn't.

We start walking in and the driver who walks ahead of us put on the code for the gate.

The gate opens once the code was set in and we proceed to the mansion.

Peter was standing by the door of the three story mansion but I was sure he lived alone here.

His face etched a sly expression once he sees Levi.

I was so aggravated by this. I wonder what was he hiding.

Translation: What he had to do with Levi?

"You're here." He says not quite believing that we were unfortunately here.

"Nice to meet you again Mr. Walters."

Levi shakes hands with Peter and I can't help but glare at her as she grins widely towards Peter.

No, I wasn't jealous. I just hated the fact that Levi was getting all formal with Peter.

The man I utterly despised.

But then again, I know I couldn't stay mad at Levi because it was just in her nature to be good to everyone.

Sighing, I roll my eyes.

"Chase." Peter nods in approval once he takes in my attire.

Yeah, like I gave a damn about it.

He's expression was still withering and I knew it was the guilt hitting him hard.

I smirked at it. That's exactly what you get.

"Let's go inside. Dinner is ready." He says and gestures us to walk in first.

If you didn't know Peter Walters, you may think that he is the most unblemished person but if you actually know him then you'll realise how asshole of a man he is.

And in my case, I knew him.

There were just three of us on the big dining table and we were all awkwardly sitted with Levi beside me and Peter in front of us.

Levi was still holding my hand under the table and I couldn't feel any more grateful for it.

Her touch was kind of peacful.

On the arrival of dinner, I waited for Peter to speak.

The waiters who were serving, placed the dishes and foods and poured a luxurious wine in the glass.

Everything about the interior was luxurious and honestly I do agree I felt cheap.

I hated myself for feeling this way though. I said myself I didn't really care but the more I gaze at everything the less my chant was working.

I felt a squeeze on my hand and I realised that Levi understood what was I feeling. I look towards her and goddamn those eyes were shining.

Not brightly though, there was just unknown glint in her eyes and I so wanted to discover it.