How About a Date?

I wake up without Tobias by my side. At first I'm confused but then I remember what happened last night. I had a dream he just wanted me for sex and I was too scared to have him sleep in the same bed as me.

I shake the thought out of my head, knowing he would never do that.

When I step out of bed and my blanket, a chill sweeps through me. I had forgotten it's starting to become winter. And even though we live under ground, it still gets pretty chilly.

The floor creeks as I go to the closet to find some clothes. As I'm changing, I hear the door slowly creak open. I struggle to put my clothes on as fast as I can before Tobias sees me. I manage to pull on most of my shirt before he walks in, but not before he catches a glimpse of my stomach.

His face turns red as he turns around, "Sorry, I'll be in the living room," he apologizes.

"No it's ok, I'm done." I stammer out.

"How are you?" He awkwardly asks as he walks towards me with a cup of coffee.

"Better, I guess." I say.

"Well what do you say if we go on a date today?" He asks with a small nervous smile on his face.

"I think that'd be fun," I say as I walk over to him. I place the mug on the shelf and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you, you know that right?" He whispers.

"Yes Tobias. I know," I say, teasing him with a peck on the lips.

"I don't expect you to say it back or anything." He says with a smirk on his lips.

"I love you with all my heart Tobias," I say and connect my lips to his.

•••••

Tobias encloses me in his arms as I shiver. He didn't tell me where we were going, but I think we're taking a train to get there.

I didn't realize how cold it had gotten, and I had forgotten how the wind felt on my skin.

"Race ya!" I burst off sprinting towards the train tracks. I laugh to myself, knowing he gets annoyed when I do this.

"Tris! Come on!" I hear him whine behind me.

I look behind me and see him catching up. I sprint faster, so fast I feel like I could fall.

I slow down to a stop as I reach the end of the platform and try to catch my breath. But that fails when I turn around and am met with a hard kiss. I jump in surprise and pull away quickly with a smile.

"Sorry," I laugh, panting.

"It's okay," Tobias says as he wraps my hand in his while chuckling to himself.

"What?" I ask raising one eyebrow.

"You take these things so seriously, you're just so competitive." He says and quickly adds, "But in a good way."

"Well, I've beat you what, 8 times now?" I smirk.

"Well that's about to change!" He says and gets ready to sprint. I have a shocked look on my face before he says,
"Just kidding," and kisses me on the cheek.

"Thank god." I say.

He spins me towards him and collides our lips together. I kiss him for a few seconds but I hear the train coming. I pull away.

"Stupid train," I say with a smile.

"Well the place we're going to will be worth it," he says and gives me a peck on the lips.

Tobias grabs my hand and we run toward the train.

A/N (authors note for any of you who never knew what that meant)
I'm so sorry I haven't updated for a long time, school and family and stress have been taking up all my time. I know I say this a lot, but I will try to update more often since writing more is one of my New Years resolutions. But remember, if I know people are reading this story and actually like it, I will definitely update more often. Thank you for almost 15 thousand reads, it's insane!