Chapter 13: Front

Start from the beginning

People often say that without the world being exposed to demons there would have been no second wind, that there cause and effect come hand in hand. Some say the current state of the world could be traced back to the new world of Titans Creek and their descendants of giants.

Others say that it was a mercy from the divine one for enduring such a grilling test for our forefather's sins, that this act was proof that he does not give us a burden that we cannot bear. With the demons turning up along sine the great power of mankind unlocking knights armor this tends to be the most accepted flowing among pentagon knights.

Some even say that it was the devil himself that rose up and granted the world its respite, molding it with its hell spawns before harvesting the remaining souls as if it ripe corn.

Needless to say, lines were drawn and sides were picked on the matter, however, no matter how much they screwed and screamed their point none of them could truly validate or discredit the other.

For at the end of the day, nobody truly knew why what took place transpired all those years ago.

What did not help this discourse was the fact that the writing of history became a lost art long before then, language became a barrier from unlocking many a tales told by nations years gone. What little that was publicly known the splintered sides cherry picketed the parts that better suited their theory.

Only a few knew who excelled in the unearthing the root cause of everything and those people would be the scholar of Hallow peak.

It has been a week since their encounter with Epimetheus, a day since they left the passionate village of Coubbleston and had there talk with Zac.

With Natalie giving up on extracting information from Andrew with her mind she resorts to the old-fashioned way of doing things.

"Are you feeling better? You don't have any chest pains or feel off in any way do you?" she carefully asked as she passes his water skin back.

Memory's of the shadow blade passing through his chest flashes behind her eyelids and sent a sudden shiver down her spine.

"I've told you enough times I'm fine," he reassures her whilst hitting his chest with his fist. "Heartbroken from you going after my water taking care of yours, however? That one cuts deep," he sarcastically continued.

Natalie just sighed, her eyebrows narrowing to serious slits. It's not every day she sees him this chipper and it's been happening a lot lately ever since the incident. 

What jived her the most about it was that he woke up barely a day after the incident in a cold sweat, panting violently in terror. Natalie being engulfed in the moment of shock embraced him at the time but to her surprise, he seemed spaced out. Like he was dead to the world and blind to her presence.

She for a short while had to help get the kids back to their loved ones without him, that had been hard. There were happy reunions and sad discoveries. But no matter the outcome they all thanked her for going to such lengths to save them. 

The next day after Andrew felt better they all chanted something to her in the native tongue as they left. But with all the screaming minds together she could not make it out.

"Well there was one dream I've been having as of late," Andrew confessed, his tone darkens as he tried to relive it.

Natalie feeling the stir fear within him stopped in her tracks to look at him. He was lost in thought as he clenched onto his chest where he felt the pain seeping from. Suspense killing her she dared to ask the question.

"What was it?"

Andrew's lips tighten as he relives the worry of it all. Taking a slow steady breath as he dears to answer.