Chapter Twenty-Seven

Month: Five

I yanked on a loose top, pulling out the front of it so it wouldn't show my belly. The doctor said I should be able to feel her move soon, but I've felt nothing.

I glanced at the time, I was running late, it seemed like I was always running late nowadays. I finished getting ready, then ran down stairs.

"Do you want a ride?" My mom called from the kitchen. I glanced in there, she was running late too, Lilly was half dressed, she was trying to finish making breakfast, and fill out the bills at the same time.

"No thanks, I'll walk." I replied, heading out the door. The air was warm and breezy for a February morning. I loved days like this, when the air was neither too hot, nor too cold.

I felt like something was going to happen today, something big, but I couldn't tell if it was going to be good or bad. It was probably going to be bad since Zach, Eric, and Julia are all mad at me, but I couldn't miss school. I cared a lot about my education.

I turned the corner swiftly, looking ahead I saw the school only about a block ahead. I kept up a fast pace, so I wouldn't be late. 

I finally made it to the school just as the first bell rang. I looked around as I walked to my first hour. I saw Zach by some lockers talking to Ashley. He looked like he was very angry. I couldn't find Julia, Brett, or Eric anywhere. Like I care.. I told myself in my head. Did I care?

I took a deep breathe and turned into my class. Today was going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in my fourth hour class waiting. I felt so hungry, but I had to keep reminding myself that I'm feeding for two now. 

The bell rang, and I hopped up from my seat, heading out the door. The hallway was already filled with people, you got use to that when your in high school. 

I began to make my way to the lunch room, we couldn't eat outside to day because if started to rain super hard. Wouldn't expect that in February. As I walked, I saw lots of people staring at me and whispering. 

At first I thought I was imagining it, but as I looked around, everyone is the hallway was watching me.

I stopped in the middle of the hallway, a couple of feet away from the exit to go outside. Usually it didn't bother me when people stared or whispered, but it did bother me if most of the students in school were doing it.

"Slut!" A snotty voice called out. I turned around, and there was Ashley, and Eric standing right next to her.

"Are you talking about yourself?" I asked.

"I'm not the one who is pregnant." Ashley said with a grin on her face. I froze. It felt like the whole world had stopped. How could she know? I looked back up and saw Eric laughing. He told her! And he didn't mention that is wasn't even my fault.

Ashley began to chant "Slut, Slut, Slut." Over and over, and everyone joined her. I felt like I couldn't breathe, I felt the tears stinging in my eyes, I felt like the world was going to end.

I turned away and began to run, I ran right out the doors and into the pouring rain. It was freezing cold, but I didn't care, I had to get away from there, and quick. I couldn't tell where I was going since the tears and rain was making my vision blurry.

As I ran I hit something hard. It was a person, the person wrapped their arms around me. I wiped the water away from my eyes and looked up. It was Zach. 

"It's going to be okay." He said to me.

"No.. it's not.." I cried.

I stared up at him, and he leaned down, pressing our lips together, it was sweet, and tender.

After we pulled apart, I realized we kissed in the rain, I couldn't help but smiling. He picked me up, like it did the day he saved me, and began to walk the ways to my house.

"But, you need to go back to class, you'll get into trouble." I said to him as he walked.

"I'll have my dad call them, we gotta get you home, your soaking wet." He said laughing.

"And so are you." I laughed with him, there wasn't anything funny about being soaking wet, but yet it seemed funny. It seemed like everything was going to be okay.