Chapter Twenty: Bess

"What?!" I said as I jumped into the passenger seat of George's car, "Deirdre? Deirdre Shannon? Deirdre Shannon as in the girl who invited us to a Red Carpet City Girl's Doll sleepover party in the fifth grade? The girl who is the mayor's daughter? The girl who is a brat and-"
    "Yes, Bess! Please be quiet! I am trying to listen to Joe's directions!" George backed out of  her garage and sped out of our neighborhood.
    I reached over and took George's phone, "You shouldn't talk on the phone while driving. Especially during a car chase. I will tell you where to go. Hi, Joe!" I spoke into the phone.
    "Bess, listen to me carefully. We just left the diner near the Town Hall." Joe was normally very comedic and cute, but now he was serious.
    "George, go to the diner. The one we went to last week." She slammed on the gas pedal, causing me to fly forward.
    George rolled her eyes, "You bug me about talking on the phone while driving when you didn't even put on your seat belt."
   "Deirdre is moving fast. We are staying far enough away from her so that she won't notice us. It looks like she is driving out into country land. It will be more secluded and she might notice us. We will have to stay even further away," Joe explained.
    Knowing Deirdre, she probably wouldn't notice them. She was so oblivious to everything. She couldn't even get a hint that Ned was SO not interested in her. If she had anything to do with Nancy's kidnapping, I would make sure she got what she deserved.