Chapter Thirteen: Nancy

I stayed up all night trying to find my way out of the barn without success. Soon, I saw light creeping through the cracks in the single door and could tell morning was on it's way. My stomach grumbled. I wondered if my abductor would bring me food.
    I was sure that Hannah would have came home shortly after I was taken, meaning everyone knows I'm missing. Poor Ned! I hoped he wasn't too worried about me.
   By now, my father must be sweating bullets. He has always been super protective of me. I have been kidnapped a few times before, but nothing too serious except for one time. That was the time where a crazy old man mistook me for his wife and kept me in his penthouse for months. Luckily, the Hardy Boys took care of it. Maybe they could find me again.
    I was leaning my back up against the barn door in defeat. I had tried to come up with a list of suspects for my abductor, but the list was getting really long. I have a lot of enemies, considering all the criminals I have caught in a crime.
    Suddenly, I heard the sound of a car running nearby. I started my kicking a screaming act again. The car screeched and I could hear it come to a stop.
    I heard a car door close and kept yelling. I heard footsteps coming towards the door. Closer and closer.
    "Shut up, will ya?" I knew that voice. A voice that I had known for my entire life, but I could not bring myself to ask if it was her.