"I don't want him to witness all this, we will work this out once he's out of here, you can shout at me all you want."
She took out the phone and dialled Juliannas' number.
Adam was boring holes into her head without uttering a single word. He seemed tipsy because of the alcohol in his system. He drank out of anger and frustration towards his wife.

"Jules?, hey..um..can you please take Alex from here?"
Jane pleaded just like how she used to do before when they had a fight at home and she dint want to be questioned further. Julianna agreed and the kept the call.

"Alex!! Honey, can you please come down here?"
She shouted and went towards the door to let Julianna in.
Julianna and Jane were best of friends since university and their bond grew much stronger as days passed by. The same went with their families. They were more of a family than neighbours.

After a few minutes , Alexander walked down the stairs with an expressionless face. He was shivering with fear from within but he had mastered the art of showcasing an emotionless face. As soon as he reached the bottom of the stairs Jane walked towards him.
" Honey, why don't you stay at aunt Juliannas' house today, hmm?.

"Sure", Alexander said in frustration and stormed through the door towards Julianna's house. Julianna silently followed Alexander outside.

Once they were out. Julianna turned to Jane who was standing near the door and said,

"Jane, please control your temper and try to solve it out with peace. Alex is disturbed.. It's not the first time that you both haven't pulled each others throat off." Julianna said with fear and concern for her friends family.
Jane lowered her eyes and nodded her head as a tear escaped her eyes.

"Take care", Julianna said and started walking towards her house where Alexander stood waiting for her to open the door.

As soon as Rose saw him walking out of his house, she could feel a wave of satisfaction and peace hit her. She rushed down the stairs and opened the door to find Alexander waiting there looking at her mother.

"Hey!!" Rose said and smiled at Alexander.

Alexander just nodded in return and made his way into her house. Her house was like a second home to him. He felt comfortable and peacefull here than his own.

"Alex, you can sleep in roses' bedroom. Rose you will have to sleep with your sister today. "

"Sure ma, I will" she said and smiled at her mother.

"Take him upstairs honey...Alex, take care. Everything is going to be fine."

He just nodded again in return.

As soon as Julianna locked the door and walked to her bedroom, Rose held onto Alexanders' hand and tugged him

"Come on", she said and smiled at him and hoped that he would smile back. But he dint,and she understood that. He would drift off into his vulnerable state every time his parents fought.

Rose got into her bedroom and stood near her door with her hands crossed as she watched Alexander enter inside and sit on her bed.
She slowly made her way towards him and sat next to him.

"Alex.. do you want to talk about it?"

" I don't want to rose... I am tired."

Rose nodded her head and got up. She was hurt to know that he was not ready to tell her what he was going through, but she knew that he was in too much pain, and decided to let it slip.

" I am always there here for you Alex..you know that right?", She asked him as she stood in front of him.

Alex sighed and rubbed his face with his palms.