After Midnight [BTS]

"...Or so the legend says; I'm not even sure anymore."

Hoseok stared at his dongsaeng carefully as he spoke, the room they were in dark and silent, the only light being a candle placed on the table between them.

Jimin had a sheet wrapped around him, in an attempt to seem scarier thanks to the dim light the flame emitted, but all Hoseok could think about was how boring his story had been. "I guess that we could go check it out if you're really not that scared, hyung," the youngest one said, a sly smile on his face. "I actually know where the house is located, so if you want..."

"The house has been demolished long ago," Hoseok said, suppressing a yawn as he remembered the debris left by the company that took down the small building. "Besides, you said it yourself, you're not even sure of how the legend goes."

"Oh, come on, it's Halloween!" Jimin exclaimed. "It's the spookiest night of the year, let's do something fun!"

The older one stared at the guy who once was his roommate and wondered why the hell he had come all the way back to his house just to 'do something fun' on Halloween night, but although he wasn't exactly pleased by his presence he wasn't bothered by it either; to be completely honest, Hoseok couldn't care less about anything that happened. Work had him tired as hell, and he hadn't had time to properly relax for a while, and he could use some company to keep his mind busy.

Sighing, he nodded yes, making his friend jump up with excitement as he got up and let the sheet fall from his head. Jimin ran toward the door, grabbing Hoseok's keys on the way, and Hoseok had to stop him there, telling him that he shouldn't forget his coat before going out. Even after all that time had passed, he still felt like a big brother to him.

The dark street was definitely not empty but it was still eerily distant to him. He hadn't walked down that road in a while, and the feeling of unease grew with each step he took. "Are you nervous, hyung?" Jimin asked with a playful tone as he walked besides him, pulling him out of his train of thought. When he looked at his friend, he noticed the big smile plastered on his face. "You know we can always turn around and go back to your place, right?"

"I'm not scared, if that's what you're implying, Jiminnie," he said as a small laugh escaping from his lips, but it was obvious that it was more of a nervous laugh than anything else. Scratching the back of his head, he added, "Anyways, do we still have a long way? I can't even remember where the house was at." The younger one looked down the road, and the big smile disappeared little by little as he slowly stopped walking until he froze in place, his eyes as big as plates. "Is there anything wrong?" Hoseok turned around and looked at him; his worry made him think of the worst things sometimes, but this time around he couldn't even make anything up.

Suddenly, Jimin raised his hand, his index finger pointing at something down the street; looking up, he could feel every single hair on his hair standing up and a chill running down his spine as he also stood still with his mouth slightly open.

In the same place that was supposed to have debris still lying around, a tiny two-storied house remained as tall as possible, its paint almost all gone, the windows covered by wood planks and the roof somewhat broken down. He tried to say something but nothing came out; he wanted to run away, but his feet wouldn't respond, and all he could do was walk toward the place, even if his mind was doing nothing but warning him of the danger that could be waiting for him inside.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" he could hear his companion whispering, but he did not stop. After a moment, he heard him running until he was next to him, Jimin's nervous hand getting a firm grip of his jacket. "You're not going in there alone, I won't let you."