Turned Upside Down [BTS/Jungkook]

Fixing her fake glasses on the school's bathroom's mirror, Rian sighed deeply before looking hesitantly towards the door. Walking the steps that separated her from it, she peeked her head through, looking at both sides of the hallway and making sure it was safe for her to come out; she'd have to rush to her classroom though, as the bell was about to ring and that always meant trouble if she didn't hide in time.

Ever since she moved from Canada to Seoul, her life had been upside down. As soon as she moved, thanks to her aunt who provided her with enough money to do so, she found herself being surrounded by a few debts and a lot of problems at school, mostly with her classmates; to sustain herself, she started working at a house in a nice neighbourhood for a family relatively chill until she was nineteen a few months later and could find a better job. The thing that bothered her the most, however, wasn't the fact that she was basically lost in Korea.

The thing she was scared of wasn't actually a thing, but rather someone; Jeon Jungkook, the so-called Kingka in her school: someone so conceited, so arrogant that she couldn't believe how he could even manage to have a big group of friends. She didn't even know what she had done for him to target her so much, but all she knew was that it had been happening since she arrived.

After noticing that everything was clear, she quickly opened the door and started walking fast through the crowd until she was almost at her class when she heard a voice calling for her; not really wanting to turn around, she froze in place, closing her eyes and hoping for everything to be over soon.

"Hey, idiot," his voice said followed by the laughs of his... clique. When she didn't reply, he got closer, and feeling him right behind her a shiver ran down her spine; his cologne reached her nose, making her feel disgusted. "I said, hey," he repeated and he pushed her forward, almost making her trip and making everyone around them laugh. "You'll be late to class, won't you? Then I guess I shouldn't pull you back anymore," he added, before messing up her hair and taking her glasses away. Knowing that there would be no point in fighting against him, she watched him walk away as his friends gave her looks of pity.

He had turned around once too, the very first time he had bullied her, and she couldn't tell if it was regret or also the compassion his friends often showed behind his back. Sometimes it gave her the impression that he didn't really want to do it, but that something was preventing him from stopping, and that made her feel sort of sorry for him.

Rian tried her best to avoid leaving the classroom for the rest of the day, even at lunch, thinking about the fact that she had to work that evening, which wasn't all that encouraging in itself but at least it kept her mind away from worrying about everything else. As the bell signalling the end of the school day rang, she carefully picked up her things and hurried out of the classroom, trying her best to not run into anyone who would be of any threat to her.

The house she worked at wasn't exactly far, but it did take her a while to get there; the family that offered her the job was nice to her for the most part, but sometimes they could act like a real pain in the butt. Smiling at the thought that the weekend was almost around the corner and that she'd be having her aunt over for a week soon, she approached her destination and knocked on the door still feeling happy. The annoyed face of the owner took her by surprise, and when she entered the house she could sense a certain tension lingering in the air.

In her happiness, she forgot to take out her shoes and walked into the house, causing the house lady to grab her by the shoulders and spin her around, making Rian lose her balance for a moment. "What are you doing!?" she yelled, and even though Rian knew she was taking all her anger out with her, a deep feeling of regret came over her. "Have you got no manners at all? When you walk in, the shoes go off, I thought you knew that!"