Our Memories, Pt. 2 [Teen Top/Chunji]

He was really a sweet guy. Chanhee and I spent the days I had left in Seoul visiting a lot of different places he wanted me to know, like Lotte World and the Gangnam neighbourhood. None of us talked about the deadline, or how fast it was approaching along with the last days I had left with all the people I had connected with in such a short period of time.

Trying so hard to enjoy the moment, I lost myself in all the moments I spent with everyone around me, but at the same time I wanted to detach my mind from them just so that it wouldn't hurt that much.

But boy was I wrong.

I don't think my heart had ever hurt that bad before the day I left South Korea. The fact that not many people, including Chanhee whom I had seen the day before, were able to come say goodbye at the airport just broke me a little bit more, but I understood that they would be busy as it was a week day.

I spent the travel back home thinking about all the possible ways I could find to get money to come back as soon as possible, mostly thinking about him in my innocence. I started writing down in my phone various temporary jobs I knew I could get, and as I fell asleep I dreamt of what would be a perfect reunion between us.

My parents greeted me with open arms and big smiles through the middle of the crowd as soon as I got down of the plane. Happiness ran through my body despite the fact that my mind was still up on the clouds. I couldn't wait until I got home, talking to my mom and telling her all about my experiences.

They didn't wait though, and bombarded me with questions during the ride back to my house. Trying my best to avoid mentioning Chanhee, I told them about the campus, my friends, and the culture I got to experience. They seemed pleased, and then as we arrived they asked me if I would like to rest for the day, to which I agreed with the idea of starting to look into other jobs without them knowing.

As soon as they drove away, I ran inside and quickly took off my computer; taking advantage of the jet lag, I bookmarked a few pages that described summer jobs I was interested in checking out during my spare time, including working at a theatre and a local retail store.

And just like that, summer went by like a breeze. I didn't even manage to get half of the money I needed and I felt defeated, but I was not going to let my arms down yet. Still in contact with my friends in Korea, I had news about Chanhee constantly or at least every time that I was brave enough to ask. The first month seemed to be rough on both of us and the thought of me going back and surprising him gave me the strength I needed.

It took me about a year to get the money I needed to go back. Everyone was excited when I told them I would be going back, although no one really knew why; in my young mind, my heart belonged to only one person, and it was aching to be reunited with him.

I didn't sleep well the night before the trip, as my thoughts raced back and forth trying to guess what Chanhee's reaction would be. I knew for a fact that he wouldn't be seeing anyone yet, so I decided to take that as an advantage to make a move again, even if I only had one week there.

As soon as I got off the plane, the first thing I could think of doing was dialling his number to tell him the good news, but no one picked up; instead, a female robotic voice told me that the number was not in service, which left me confused as I now had no way to communicate with him if it wasn't in person.

Sending a quick message to one of my old classmates and good friend Junghwa once I caught a taxi, he informed me that Chanhee had moved recently, and that he'd try to get his address for me as soon as possible. I thanked him and told him that we should meet to catch up with each other's businesses; he agreed, happy that I was finally back in the country. It felt good to be in contact with him again.