Chapter 10

AnaBella

I knew Mandi was right about having me by her side to stop her from doing something stupid, but there was something still bothering me so I decided to ask her about it. 

“Mandi, what about me, though? I had both you and Josh and I ended up doing something stupid,” I said. I don’t know what it was, but I just couldn’t bring myself to talk about self-harming openly. 

“AnaBella, I don’t know why I was able to fight it a little better than you could, and you know that,” she replied. “I think that it has something to do with the fact that you keep your emotions bottled up inside and I don’t.” 

“What do you mean,” I asked confusedly. 

“I hope that I don’t sound mean when I say this. Anyway, you kept your parents divorce to yourself, but that is what hurt you the most. When my dad died I didn’t keep my emotions bottle up,” Mandi told me. That is when I remember that my parents had announced that they were getting a divorce just a few days before Mandi’s dad had died. Since we were as close as sisters the news of her dad’s death and my parents divorce hurt us both. We had relied on each other just to get us through day after day. What was different about the two of us, though, was the fact that when Mandi had openly discussed her feelings, I had kept most of mine bottled up inside. 

“I know what you mean,” I sighed. “Although, you know how I don’t really like to show my emotions to people and how I don’t like lashing my problems onto other people.”

“I know,” she replied. “I’m not arguing with you, but I just want you to know that you can call me whenever you need to talk. After all, we are like sisters.” 

“Okay, I understand,” I said. “I think that I’m going to go home so that I can sleep. You should sleep, too, so that maybe you’re mom will let you leave the house tomorrow.”

“I’ll try to rest,” Mandi said and I gave her a hug before I left her house. 

Dillon

I looked at the clock to see how much longer I had to work for. I noticed that I only had about half an hour before I could go home. That was another reason why I liked working at the grocery store. At the most I would work two or three hours a day for about three days a week, but I still go paid good money. Mandi texted me: 

Hey *MaNdI*

Hey //D!llon//

What’s up? *MaNdI*

Sitting at work and waiting until I can go home, what about you? //D!llon//

Sitting in my room and thinking *MaNdI*

About what? //D!llon//

Lots of things *MaNdI*

Do you need to talk about anything? //D!llon//

Maybe; can I ask you something? *MaNdI*

What is it? //D!llon//

Say that you got a new girlfriend and then you found out that she was pregnant, what would you do? Would you stay with her or leave her? *MaNdI*

How’d she become pregnant? //D!llon//

They suspect that she was raped *MaNdI*

Then I would definitely stay with her if I really liked her and help her out //D!llon//