Chapter 7

AnaBella

“What happened, AnaBella,” Mandi’s mom asked me. 

“I don’t know,” I said freaking out. “One minute she was fine, and then the next minute she passed out.”

After Mandi passed out I’d called an ambulance before I’d called her mom. I’d explained to Mrs. Williams what had happened as best as I could without knowing much. The ambulance ride to the hospital was stressful. My best friend or her baby could’ve been dying for all I knew.

“Just breathe, AnaBella, she’s not dying,” Mandi’s mom told me. “Sit down and try to relax while the nurses and Dr. Bradshaw do tests to see what’s going on.”

“Okay,” I sighed. Mandi’s mom walked over to where Mandi was lying on the E.R. Bed. She was now conscious, but she was really confused about what was going on. It was a good thing she was conscious, right?

Mandi

I don’t know what the heck happened to me. One minute AnaBella and I were going to go feed my dog when a sharp pain had gone through my abdomen. I had told AnaBella to call my mom before I had passed out. I was disoriented and didn’t really know what was all going on or what to do. 

“Mom,” I asked. 

“I’m right here,” my mom said standing by the bed 

“It hurts,” I told her.

“What does, honey,” she asked me. 

“My head and my stomach,” I answered weakly.

“Dr. Bradshaw’s trying to figure out what’s wrong,” she assured me.

“Okay,” I replied. 

My head was killing me, but the pain in my stomach was starting to run all throughout my body. Just then AnaBella came to stand by my mom. She kept babbling but I couldn’t really concentrate on what she was saying. 

“AnaBella,” my mom told her, “it’s not your fault. Plus, nobody can even tell what you’re saying.”

“I know,” AnaBella sighed. 

“Mom, my whole body hurts,” I said to my mom. 

“Just relax,” she told me.

“Ow,” I practically screamed. It felt like a huge hand was clenching and pulling all of my muscles at once. 

“Just try to relax, here comes Dr. Bradshaw,” my mom said calmly.

“How are you,” Dr. Bradshaw asked me.

“In pain,” I gasped. 

“I know, and I think that we know what’s wrong,” Dr. Bradshaw replied. “Mandi, you’re dehydrated. I’m going to have them hook you up to an I.V. and you should be out of here in a couple of hours or tomorrow morning.” 

“Okay,” I said trying to remain as calm as possible. The truth was that I had a horrible fear of needles and couldn’t stand it one bit when I had to get shots or anything like that. 

~~~~____~~~~

AnaBella

Dr. Bradshaw decided to keep Mandi overnight since she was so dehydrated. Mrs. Williams had sent me home to get some rest, but I was pretty sure that that was just not going to happen. I needed to talk to somebody cause I knew what would happen if I didn’t. It’s been four months, though, I thought to myself. Nobody would find out; I could easily hide the scars.