Bad Romance - Jasper Hale (Thirty-Five)

PART THIRTY-FIVE

***

*India Eisley*

"He's your imprint, India. Just get it over with and apologize to each other or you'll regret it." Sam boomed in his authoritative voice that makes me wanna jump off a cliff.

He's such a prick, doesn't even know the WHOLE story. Just baby bits!

"Like hell I will! You don't even know the whole story, so back up. I sent those death threats for a reason. I hope they're stuck up his ass." I snarled, looking out the window as Sam and I pulled up to the Cullen's house. Jamie and Jasper were by a tree talking seriously, it looked.

I guess they are a thing. Damn, am I the only one who hates their mate? I should start a club. Like a boss.

"Fine. Don't come crying to me when something goes wrong." He responded harshly.

My eyes rolled in irritation. "Wouldn't anyway, I'm not a baby. Why are we here anyway?" I questioned, changing the subject and asking genuinely. Seriously, why are we on leech property?

"There's going to be an attack tomorrow, from what Edward said. Newborns and nomads are going to try and exterminate the Olympic Coven, and we're going to help. Don't be snappy." He warned me, shooting me a look as to where I just laughed maliciously.

"Whatever. Let's just go. Are the boys with Gabe? I know they were getting checked out." I said, hearing the office lady call them on my way to Sam's truck. Why was I singled out?

Oh, yeah. He wanted to yap my ear off.

"Yes. They should be on their way." I nodded lazily, walking up to the front door of my favorite group of tick's house. Lovely.

"Come in, it's urgent." The oldest one, Carlisle, said.

He ushered us into the dining room where the rest of them were chatting at the speed of light. Yeah, it's not like I want to hear what you're saying so I don't die.

"Who's attacking?" Sam thundered, snapping the vamps out of their trans.

"Adam Sanders. Nomad vampire. He can shift into whatever and whoever he wants to be. This is how he's 'grown up' with Jesse and Jamie. He simply shifted to a different aged child it teenager." Edward mused, looking up from his plans for the first time.

Adam Sanders?

"Are you sure that name's right?" I quizzed quite rudely.

Jasper and Jamie walked through the door softly. Jasper replied, much to my surprise. They really do have awesome hearing! "Positive. He attacked Jamie earlier this year. And murdered her best friend, if that's not enough proof, I don't know what is."

Snappy is his middle name.

"But that's who we came to visit. He's one of our close friends..." I trailed off, seeing Jamie's face pale as realization hit her.

Jesse snapped up from talking to Alice. "What?"

"Adam's one of my best friends, though I haven't seen him since before I went wolf..." It's all sinking in now...

"Oh God. This isn't good, right?" Rosalie glared at me. I still hate that bitch, despite this situation.

"What? I didn't know he was all evil!" I countered. They glared at me, but then returned to their plans.

What's basically going to go down is major ass woopin'. Gabe needs to hurry up and get here so I can tell him about Adam. I know he'll deny it, but there's cold hard facts, according to all the frosted flakes. And Jamie.

As if on cue, Gabe and the rest of the pack was in the room, looking quite relieved to be out of class. "Let me guess, pop quiz?" I asked Jacob. He smirked and laughed in a 'yes.'

"India, can I have a word?" An all-too-familiar voice asked quietly. I wanted to roll my eyes so bad. REALLY bad. But, with Gabe, Sam, and Jacob all staring at me like a bunch of llamas, I had to do it. Whether I like it or not.

"Whatever." Was my short response. I'm not giving him the time of day, I can tell you. Embry Call had my heart and spit on it. Bet he wishes he had a time machine.

I briskly walked into the sunroom, where we'd have enough privacy. I opened my mouth to speak, but was cut short by his lips.

I couldn't help but respond, not even thinking of what I was doing. It didn't matter at the moment. Nothing mattered but Embry.

He broke away, still looking at me expectantly. "I hate you." I spat.

"No you don't. Stop lying to me and yourself. That kiss proves you don't hate me. Far from it. You love me, face the facts." His tone was angry. He saw right through me.

Damn.

"I'm not lying. You wanna know why I hate you so much? Do you really?" I snarled, on the verge of a breakdown.

"Try me."

"Because you make me love you, you prick!"

***