Rythm of Love - Jasper Hale (Thirty-Three)

PART THIRTY-THREE

***

Nothing makes sense. Nothing.

Why can't Adam just be a normal vampire and not murder my best friend and try to kill everyone I love? This won't solve anything in the slightest. He's sadly mistaken if he thinks for one minute that I'd actually consider being near him just for kicks and grins ever again.

And if you add my dad making drama where it isn't welcomed, my mum leaving for crappy reasons, and India and Embry, I'm just stressed. Stress. Meh.

I ran to the Cullen's house, not enjoying the silence like I used to. It made me think and thinking brings nothing but heart ache and an empty void in my stomach that wouldn't be leaving me anytime soon.

You have no idea how many times I've had this mental conversation in math class or how at home I feel at the Cullen's house. I could see Esme through a large window in the living room. She was resting comfortably on the creme couch, reading a book with a classic gold cover.

Classy.

I walked through the door and gave her a short 'hello.' Though I love her as my mother, it doesn't sooth the issue that everyone in the area is at risk.

"Hello, Jamie. What brings you here at this time?" Carlisle politely asked as I skidded into his office looking like a hot mess, I bet. You don't know how handy keeping your clothes on when you're a breed of wolf that keeps it on is! I just figured it out when Edward suggested it Sunday afternoon. All I need to do is focus on them and they appear.

"Emergency. Adam's planning to fight us soon. REALLY soon." I exclaimed, trying to calm myself, but I never had been good at that. Jasper needs to hurry up and get here!

"What? Are you sure?" His response was.

I shook my head vigorously. "Yes, Edward got into his mind. The soonest would be tomorrow the latest is the day after tomorrow." I swallowed hard, the raw fear was evident in my voice, despite every attempt I tried.

I heard the door slam and Edward appeared, his face hadn't change in the slightest bit. I barely knew him, but I did know that when he was pissed, you better run. "She speaks the truth. We need to teach them to fight and something to do with Jesse since he can't be a wolf." His voice came off gruff, he was more than likely feeling the urge to protect Bella.

I wonder how Jasper feels.

"Extremely worried and he should be here any second. I'm calling Sam and having all the boys come as soon as possible. Do you think you could get them out of school?" Edward pressed, reading my mind exactly.

I shivered and nodded, walking over to the front door. Jasper had just breezed through the doorway, his eyes were the color of my hair. If not, darker. I ran into his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist, the chilly temperature to his bones was like home.

"Calm down." I whispered, hoping it would come out as a demand.

Suddenly, all the worry in my body fled and I felt elated. "Stop that, it's not fair." I laughed at how he was using his mad skills against me. I poked my tongue out at him.

"Fine. I'm calm, see?" Jasper gestured to his eyes that looked the tint of a penny.

"You're such a liar! But, I forgive you since I'm a liar, too." I smirked playfully. He chuckled at my actions as we walked to the kitchen where Rosalie and Emmett were talking furiously. I caught Jasper's eye and gave him a glance at them.

"Forest?"

I nodded. I hopped onto his back and we began our journey to our special place. The one that I would always cherish in my mind as the place that began it all.

Jasper and I came to a stop at the sight of the clear area with tiny purple flowers huddled together in various spots. "When do we start training?" I asked while pulling at some green grass. Why is everything so green here? Is it that horrible to see a dry lawn? Goah.

"As soon as the wolves leave school. They can help you better than I could, but we'll both work with you. Fighting seems to be a strong-point of yours." He grinned and laughed at my overly angelic face.

"Always have had a temper." I confessed, throwing him a devilish smirk. "What to do with Jesse, though." I contemplated, laying on the grass and gazing at the sky. It looked exceptionally sunny, and Jasper's snow-like skin was sparkling like diamonds.

Vampires seriously are like diamonds! They sparkle like them, their skin's as hard as diamonds, and my favorite, they never break. That would be so awesome in a battle till the death with a wolf!

"I suppose Alice could change him into a vampire." He suggested with a wry smile. My glare cut him and he continued with a different theory. "Or, we could take him to Peter and Charlotte's until the fight's over." That's way better.

I love Jesse and Alice, but he's not ready for that yet. In my odd opinion.

I crinkled one of my brows at him. "Who are they and can they be trusted? I couldn't live with myself if Jesse was harmed by Adam or any of his cronies.

"Yes, I've been friends with them ever since I was changed in Texas. The timing was around the civil war." He stated, then continued, clearly not wanting to talk about his first life. Not pushing it, I listened to what he said. "They roam North America, but I know for a fact that they usually stay in Canada if they want to stay around one place for awhile." He informed me while still staring at the puffy clouds in the sky.

Tomorrow would definitely be cloudy. "Sounds good. Who you trust, I trust. Well, except Edward. He's quite annoying." I laughed and poked his ribs.

"I don't blame you, I'm kind of jealous that Bella has a shield. We all need one." I agreed and wished that if I become a vampire, I'll have a super awesome gift! Like duck whispering! Epic.

"Do you think I'll kill Adam?" I whispered suddenly thinking about battle. If I did one good thing in my life, that's what I want to do.

Even though I felt like Adam was going to kill me, almost, I still wanted to. "Yes, you're the person to do it." I smiled weakly at him, then felt the buzzing of my phone in my pocket. Of course.

I flipped it open to check my message. I could literally feel the color drain from my face. It was from Adam. 'I'm more clever than all of you think. Beware.'

Jasper read me like a book and snatched the phone that was already in pretty bad shape into the palm of his hand to read it. "We need to inform Edward. I have a feeling he's with the pack,"

I nodded slowly and hopped on his back, not wanting to waste one minute on walking. Time is precious. "Jamie! Jasper! Edward wants to talk to you." Emmett grinned, pushing us into Carlisle's office.

"You wanted a word?" I asked Edward, who was sitting in a chair facing the desk that Carlisle was placed at. I swear, if there's Carlisle, Edward is right beside him. Like Batman and Robin!

"Yes, I'm sure you'd like to sit down for this news." Edward suggested. I gave him a questioning gaze, but I said nothing and took a seat beside him, leaving Jasper to stand at the doorway.

I was pretty anxious to be honest. What if it was about dad?

"Adam has another ally." Pressure went up about ten notches. Holy crap! Is it India?

No offense, but she was quite bitter. "Okay, who is it? This is killing me." I spouted, desperately wanting to pull my ear, it's a bad habit of mine.

"It's your father."

***