Cinderella Man - Jasper Hale (Fifteen)

PART FIFTEEN

***

"Any questions?" Carlisle finished, smiling like the doctor he was. I honestly don't know what it was about him, but he just seemed so doctor-ish, ya know?

"Yeah, quite a few to be honest." I confessed, he nodded his head for me to continue, "You said something about blood singers? What's that? And who're the Volturi, again? Vamp coppers?" I questioned.

To be honest, I seriously didn't understand half of what he said! I just asked about the things that interested me most, like he said Bella was Edward's blood signer, which I didn't get. The Volutri sounded weird, like what Charlie Swan does, except way more powerful and strikingly venomous.

"Blood singers are like an imprint to a wolf, you see, we say that the blood 'sings' to the vampire because they are so dangerously hungry for it at the exact moment they smell it. I personally think that God made the singer for the vampire specifically, but Edward disagrees." Carlisle stated, looking at Edward in a knowing way.

Edward chuckled lightly, showing no real care, "Carlisle, we've been over this, we just view it completely different." He said, looking at Bella and Renesmee genuinely.

"Yes, I know. And to answer your question, Jamie, the Volturi keep the vampire world under control, making sure vampires don't expose themselves to humans and that sort of thing, really. We aren't really supposed to be close to humans, let alone telling them this." He explained, patting Esme's hand gently.

"Oh." I gaped, feeling kind of guilty for them telling me. "Are you going to tell Jesse?" I asked in concern. I really didn't want Jesse to get another blow to the chest with this information, since my father and Sam had no heart with telling him.

Ruthless to the mind would be about right.

"No, we can't afford to tell another human, the Volturi would be stopping by soon and in a hurry." Rosalie assured me, seeing the look of displeasure spread on my features.

"Thank, God. He'll find out or already knows from Sam." I replied.

Jasper looked at me in confusion. "Where does Sam fit in to this every-time?" He quizzed, his facial expression showed he was doing some very perplex thinking.

I, being the nice person I am, decided to stop the thinking that just looked horrible! I guess when you have eternity to think, it's a normal thing. Fun, huh?

"Sam is my Father's brother." I mentioned nonchalantly, sighing at the end in disgust. When I was little, I really wished Sam was my dad. He was like the better, happier version of him. Emily was the better version of my mom, too, so I always wanted them to be my parents. Now, since things are getting kinky with the Cullen's coming back after three years, he's been acting like my father, which really doesn't fly with me.

And, plus, he told my dad who I hang out with! I can't even bring myself to think about going to that dreaded house ever again. Not even for Emily! That's say something, people!

"Jamie?" Bella snapped me out of my eternal battle of memories.

I looked up at her unnatural copper eyes. "Sorry, I zoned out. What did you say?" I asked, recovering from my own thoughts.

She laughed a little, it sounded a lot like bells, but sweeter. Haha, like Bella! I guess it was fate! "Jasper asked why you freaked out last night on the phone." She answered, eyeing me suspiciously.

My nerves started to kick in, because sitting in a room full of vamps doesn't scare me, my father does more. Way more. They don't want to hurt me, he does. See, that's what's wrong with America!

My mind yapping is seriously annoying me!

"Oh, Uh. It was nothing, really." I stuttered, unsure of what to answer. My heart beat sped up a tad, making me even more nervous!

"It obviously wasn't nothing since you stuttered." A wise, young, voice assured everyone in the room. Ugh, not now Renesmee!

"No, you're wrong, it was absolutely nothing to worry about." I informed, trying to make them forget it.

"Edward, please tell us what happened." Rosalie's all-business voice demanded, sending him threatening eyes that would scare the hell out of virtually anyone. Glad it's not me, is all I'm saying!

"Just do it!" She barked viciously.

Woah, since when did she start caring?! "Rose, you know I don't like to intrude on people's personal thoughts." He stated, oblivious to her evil eyes. He acted like she wasn't even there!

"Fine. Just shut up, already! Jamie, do you mind?" He questioned, sending me a pleasing look. I nodded in acceptance and cleared my mind of everything except the arguments I had with Sam and Father.

Edward closed his eyes, completely concentrating on my mind, I suppose.

"Now do you understand?"

Slowly but solemnly, he nodded his head in shock.

"Well! What's she thinking?!" Alice chirped excitedly, expecting something cheery to come out of my noggin. Boy, was she dead wrong.

"Can you see visions of Jamie or Jesse?" Jasper bluntly said, finally catching on to this horrid game.

"Well, I never really thought about it, but I can only see Jesse clearly, Jamie is just a blur, though I saw her easily before she came." Alice thought it out, mostly to herself.

"That means she's a-" Emmett's statement was cut of by my cell ringing, singing Hey Monday's 'Homecoming,' per usual. My eyes flashed down at the caller ID before I answered, it was Jesse, obviously needing to be picked up.

"What do you need, I'm busy." I spat quietly to him.

"I need to be picked up. I'll tell you the story later, but now I need to get out of here." He pleaded, his voice almost cracking.

I sighed, but not in annoyance, with frustration. "Can you give me the gist of it?"

"Peyton is a whore. That good enough for you,"he hissed.

I heard a growl erupt from my throat at the mention of her name, now I knew exactly what had happened. I had had the suspicion for a while, but i never followed up on it.

Peyton had slept with Adam Sanders and poor Jess walked in. "On my way." I snapped.

"Jamie, don't-" I cut him off my crushing my phone shut with the immense anger that radiated off my body.

The maroon phone in my hand was now in pieces, my fist still tight around it. Shit! I don't get another until September!

When I looked up from the phone, everyone was gaping at me in surprise and shock clear on their flawless faces. "I have to go," I breezed out of the room, not looking back but feeling them look anyways.

I jumped into the truck and revved the engine to life, getting ready to beat my ex best friends ass.

Wow, that feels good to say.

Watch out, Peyton. No one messes around with my brother and gets away from it. I just hope she has good reflexes because I'm going to go wolf.

My body was shaking violently, I could see nothing but red, the pain was everywhere I could even think of on my body. "Ahh!" I shrieked in the excruciating, dark pain.

My world was slowly fading into the abyss of my own thoughts.

The last thing I remember is my own blood curling scream and Carlisle checking my temperature.

"I love you..."

Then it went black.

***