Heaven Can Wait - Jasper Hale (Fourteen)

PART FOURTEEN

***

*Dream*

"Jamie! No!" Jasper's heavy voice called to me in a panicked tone. Which is weird, because he can't really breathe. Wait! How do I know that? Oh well, this is a dream anyway.

For some reason, I was enraged and running with all my heart towards another small cabin in the woods. It looked oddly familiar, like it was on the tip of my tongue. I couldn't see it, but I had the image burned in my head. "No! I'm going to kill him!" I heard my voice argue back.

I arrived to the part of the woods where somehow, I knew I really shouldn't cross this imaginary line. I felt like I knew Jasper wouldn't follow, so I did it intently. "Don't try and stop me, Jasper. There's nothing you can do. You wouldn't break that treaty, now would you?" I asked, knowing the answer.

Adam Sanders will die.

Today.

Now.

"You don't know what I'd do, so don't tempt me, " he smirked perfectly. Sometimes, I honestly don't know how he's so godly flawless.

"Just let me! He deserves to die and you know it!" I screamed, still running full force. I was holding my stomach with my arm, my veins were on fire. Literally it felt like it!

"So? It's just the blood lust talking! Snap out of it!" He was hot on my trail now. My new strength was totally coming in handy, now. But with that, my memory's still normal.

"That's not blood lust!" Too late. I crossed the line without a second thought to it. Now the trees where getting thicker and I knew exactly where I was headed. India. I thought. I have to see India.

Then the vengeance in my soul drove me to go faster. India Eisley. Why did that name make me want to go to an asylum?

"If you kill him, you'll regret it." He threatened. He was so far away, but I could hear him thunder it from the distance.

I screeched in agony as I felt more excruciating pain in my stomach, someone had inflicted pain on it again. "Son of a bitch!" I wailed, hopefully offending Embry.

In the flash of a light, Adam's bruised up, bloody figure was right in front of me. Oh God.

"Hello Jamie, I guess you just never give up. I hope you like dying." His distorted voice hissed.

Then my world went black.

***

"Would you stop screaming, already?" Jesse wailed, staring up at me from his position on the floor. He was still in the bean bag chair, curled up with my soccer blanket. What a wimp!

"Why are you still in here, Jesse! Get out!" I hollered, still scared crapless from the dream. Why was I acting like such a blood thirsty monster?

He yawned lazily and stretched like a cat. "Whatever, it's eight anyway, we should get ready." Then he left the room still in my bright blue blanket.

"I want that blanket back!" I yelled at his retreating figure. He gave me a petty hand signal and continued the journey to his room across the hallway.

I walked over to my desk with a mirror and did my make up and put my hair into a high ponytail with my side swept bangs out, in a Cassadee Pope style. I threw on my faded blue Superman shirt with my ripped dark wash Jean shorts. Because of the horrid weather here, I put on my black hoodie that said CP Dance from when I went to a dance competition in the eighth grade. Let's just say those days are over from when I dance in public.

"C'mon, Jay! Hurry up, you look fine, we have the same face, so you always look hot." He smirked, thinking his joke was funny.

"Oh, please. We all know I'm so much more attractive!" I retorted making my way down stairs, my grey converse helping me jump on the hard wood floor with a solid landing.

And bud, that landing took years to master!

"Denial is the road to acceptance, young grasshopper." Jesse mocked in an old voice way beyond his years, making me roll my eyes.

"Save the theatre for later, Romeo. On another note, I'm guessing you got the paranormal talk yesterday?" I quizzed him as we walked out the door, ignoring our dad at the counter.

"Yeah. It was freaky. I feel like it wasn't real. Are you sure you still want to go to their house alone? I can ditch Peyton's and come with you, it'll be okay." He offered me with kind eyes.

I smiled gratefully at him, "Thanks, but I'll be okay, they won't hurt me. Jasper'll make sure of it." I reassured him as I climbed into my truck. "Okay, so I'll pick you up when you call ms. Got it?" I said, revving the engine and heading to my best friends house.

But something felt off, like something weird was about to happen. I just had that gut feeling deep down.

I hated that feeling.

"Yep, it's a plan, Stan. See ya in a few hours." Then he hopped out of the car, his dark green shirt blended in with the scenery, but his jeans and jacket threw you off. In my opinion, he looked perfectly fine. But that's his sister talking, so who the hell knows?!

I checked to see if he was inside yet and once he was, I pulled out of the drive way and headed out into the country. I knew where the old house was, I'd seen it a bunch of times when I was younger. I was quite the sly, but of course vampires weren't there at the time.

The drive was quite long, since I was going as slow as I could. I didn't really want anything to be explained to me. I could possibly have a heart attack!

My brain was suddenly pounding in my head from thinking too much, I seriously need to stop over thinking! It's quite annoying.

I pulled into the long gravel driveway. I parked my car beside Edward's silver Volvo. I climbed out of my truck and approached the front door, about to knock on the door when Edward opened the door. Well there goes getting myself ready.

I heard Edward laugh to himself, but I ignored it, not really caring.

"Where's Alice?" I asked, surprising him a little bit. The shock was written on his face but then quickly erased it with words.

"Head up the stairs the first door to the left." He explained, then walked into the living room and started watching the History Channel.

I followed his simple instructions and eventually I was walking into Alice's room, where she met me at the door. "What do you want, Jamie?" She asked in a tight voice, eyeing me closely.

"I just wanted to say sorry for yesterday, I really shouldn't of snapped at you like that. Could you please forgive me?" I asked with a cheesy smile.

She laughed and nodded her head. "Of course, I'm sorry I was rude." She apologized. I grinned and hugged her frigid body, for some reason, it wasn't as comforting as Jasper's touch.

"Let's go downstairs, Carlisle really wants to explain everything to you." She explained, showing me down the long stair way.

I was lead to a white sofa where everyone was already staring at me with wonder. Emmett and Rosalie were sitting on the couch with Alice at the end. Edward, Bella, and a small child was sat on the other chair. Carlisle and a pretty woman who seemed to be his wife was standing behind Edward and Bella's couch. Guess who sat by me on the only love seat? Yup, none other than Jasper Hale. Somehow, I didn't feel shocked, actually thankful so I could squeeze his hand for comfort.

"Good morning, Jamie. Iy's nice to see you not bloodied up." Carlisle smiled, breaking the ice.

I laughed, "I'd think so! But, yes it's nice to see you again, too." I replied.

"Well, I think we have a lot to explain." He stated.

"You're one hundred percent right. Let's start with names." I suggested.

And that is how I started being a Cullen.

***