2

I was with Iris in Forever 21 looking for cute dresses or anything in particular. "So, what's up with you and Barry?" Iris asks and I look at her in confusion. "What do you mean, Iris?" I ask her still looking through the rack of dresses. "Come on, Tori, I see the way you look at him and I can see that you like him." she says and I blush. "Come on, Iris, I got over that when I went to Starling University. I told you about Dave." I say and take out a strapless metallic dress. I wasn't gonna wear a metallic dress at the launch, but I'm gonna save it for something that's special. "Yeah, you told me about Dave, but you also told me that after a year together you didn't like him in that way. You didn't have the look on your face with him that you had with Barry." she says and I freeze. It's true what she's saying. I didn't have that feeling that I have with Barry when I was with Dave. I couldn't keep dating him, besides, every time we'd go on a date he'd always try to end the night with getting laid.

When I was with Barry I always had butterflies in my stomach that I could never get rid of. I still have them right now. Iris sees the dress I have in my hand and smiles. "Try it on, I bet you'll look amazing in it." she says and I go to the fitting rooms and try it on. When I step out of the room, Iris looks at me and smiles, "You look hot." she says and I smile. I bought the dress and Iris bought a purple mini dress. She heads back to her house and I go to my house and hang the dress. "Tori, honey, is that you?" my dad yells and I shake my head. "Yeah, dad it's me." I yell back and head downstairs. I grab myself a coffee and sit with my dad at the table. Soon, Barry comes and I smile and hug him. "Ready to go?" he asks and I nod. I grab my purse and head out with Barry to get Iris.

*~*~

We walk to S.T.A.R. Labs I look at Barry who looks around amazed. Everyone was here from press to paparazzi to just people, that would be me, Iris, and Barry. I'm not into science like Barry, but I'd do this with him anytime. "So, Barry, how was your trip?" Iris asks and he smiles. "Yeah, was it worth finding the impossible, or did we just come here for no reason?" I ask him and he smiles at me with a raised eyebrow saying that I went with him and I laugh. "I have to say, while I was away I had a chance to think about relationships." he says and my heart flutters as he looked at me with a smile then at Iris. I had time to think about relationships when we were in Starling too. At least Felicity gave me advice on it, but then again she is still hung up on Oliver. Iris looked at me with a smile then at Barry and he said, "I'm not in one, and you two aren't in one either, and you guys are my best friends.". My heart drops when he says "best friend". That's all he thinks of me. His best friend. Barry turns to me and I look up at him putting on a fake smile as best as I can, "Your ours too, Bar." I say and I see his big smile turn into a small smile. "I mean, why else would we be here?" Iris asks and Barry just keeps staring at me. "Yeah." he says and I get lost in his green eyes and smile.

"But that's not what I meant, Iris. Can I talk to Tori alone?" he asks Iris and she nods. She walks away and looks back at me and gives me a thumbs up and I roll my eyes. I look at Barry and say, "I know what you meant, Barry." I say getting ready for the worst. "I don't think you do, Tori." he says and I look at him. "I mean, we grew up in the same house together and were kind of like brother and sister," that hurt me when I said that, especially to the man I love, "but, if were not brother and sister. Then what would it make us? You know?" I ask and his smile was completely gone and mine too. I've always liked Barry. I leaned on him every time I'd get hurt and tried to tell him how I feel, but it always ends up failing. Maybe, it's time I give up. Maybe, I should move on, but I just don't know how. "I mean, will it make it awkward, or do you think something might... happen?" I ask and I realize how close he was getting to me. Almost like he was gonna kiss me, but it was all ruined when Iris came back.

"Hey, guys." she says and that makes Barry jump back.

"Iris, sorry that took so long." he said and I look down with a sad look and glaring at Iris.