Chapter Thirteen

•Hiccup's POV•

We had looked all day and half the night. No sign of her. I had approached Prince Jack-my competition-and told him. He was delirious.

"Sir...it's Lady Elsa. We...we can't find her. We looked all night, but she is still missing." What if she has...no. I can't bear to think it. Besides, my girl's a Six. She's strong.

Find her! I...I need her here." His voice cracked with worry at this. I bowed my head.

"Yes, your Majesty. Don't worry, I will do whatever I can to find her. We'll start with the woods."

I could tell he cared for her deeply. That's how I still feel with Elsa. I can't let him win. He clearly doesn't deserve her based on the way he's treated her. I can't lose her. Not again. I...I love her Even if she doesn't feel that way about me. At least, not yet. She'll come back to me...I know she will.

•Jack's POV•

She's still gone. I feel like half of me is gone. Elsa...I shake my head. The other girls. Focus on them. But, God, I'm so worried about Elsa. What if she's gone? I don't know what I would do without her...I can't help myself as the tears start to flow.

"You love her." I turn around and see my younger sister, Emily, the princess. She puts her hands on her hips, raising an eyebrow. Crap. She noticed I was crying. I quickly wipe them away.

"I...I..." I stammer.

"You do, Jack. I saw you crying over her. You were crying over her, weren't you? You're worried."

"No, I wasn't."

"Em-"

"Jack, it's obvious. If you want her, need her so badly, find her yourself. I'll tell Dad. He won't be as mad with you if I tell him."

I nod. She comes closer to me and kisses me on the cheek quickly.

"Be safe, though." I hug her quickly and head to the stables to get my horse, Nix.

"Rean, wait!"

Rean is one of the stable boys that works for the palace. He's a Seven, and he's about my age. "Yes, your Majesty?"

"I'm coming with you."

"But you're Majesty-" Rean says as he steps away from Nix as I'm climbing onto him.

"No, I'm coming! Yaw!" I kick Nix and he gallops full speed through the woods after the guards. All for her. All to get to her. And I don't care what my father says or how many times I have to be beaten by him for her.

Maddox's POV
I wake up, blood pooling beside me. But it's not my blood. It's Elsa's. Oh, my, she's so pale. A red guard comes and smacks me.

"Good, she's awake." He chuckles. He must be the leader. I can't really tell where we are, but it smells of pine and moss. The woods. The leader's head tilts to Elsa, and they lift her up onto a trunk. She wakes up.

"Jack-?"

The guard spits at her, then kicks her in the stomach. She groans as he does.

"Do it again, jackass." Elsa spits at him, her eyes gleaming with fury and hatred at her attacker. He smirks. "Oh, I will," and kicks her repeatedly in the chest and face.

"My Lady!" I interrupt, but I receive a kick as well. I groan in pain as I sit in silence from then on.

The leader then approaches Elsa, smacking her before she says anything else.

"Shut up, Selected. Now, you're gonna tell us something..."