Chapter Six

•Jack's POV•
Breakfast.

The last one I'll have left with my family alone. I can barely eat, knowing that the One will be coming into the palace tomorrow.

And I will meet her in two days.

The girls get their makeovers, then have seamstresses fit them for their outfits.

"Jackson, it'll be okay." My mother says, putting her hand in mine.

My father just says plainly,"It's only 35 girls that will be gone within a few weeks. They're here for you, not you here for them." I frown, then dig back into my food.

•Elsa's POV•
The flight doesn't last that long, only a couple of hours. It feels like a few days. I did make friends with Rapunzal, though. She's very sweet and kind.

I try to talk to Jessica and Kaya, but they would only talk to each other and act like I wasn't there.

"Snobs." Rapunzal says. I laugh.

Once we get to the palace, we are assigned a table for our makeovers. I get 3. I groan when I get next to Monica and Merida. Merida is fiery and bubbly.

"Should I straighten meh hair?" She says in a thick accent.

I consider this. "I like your curly hair. Honestly, I think you should leave it like it is."

She nods, then turns her head to her seamstress. Immediately after makeovers is lunch, then our rooms.

I follow Sarah, our countess, I guess, for our stay here.

"Elsa, Monica, Kaya, and Shelby." I get the room in the middle of the hall.

I see my maids in there already, and they introduce themselves.

"Hello, Lady Elsa. This is Leah and Lauh. They're twins. And I am Maddox."

Maddox looks young, at least two years older than I am. They are maids, Sixes. Like I was. My heart goes out for them. They shouldn't have to do this for me.

"Ladies, please, I'm feeling exhausted. Can you please leave?" They nod, then exit.

I sleep through dinner, then I start to feel uncomfortable. I need air...

I open the balcony doors, but it isn't enough.

I...I need to be surrounded by nature...not walls closing in on me. I open my door and head for the gardens when two guards stop me.

"Miss, we're sorry, but you can't go out there."

"Please, I need air! I need to be-"

"Let her go!"

The last thing I see before I black out is the prince, running to me.

~a little while later~

I wake up, laying on a metal bench.

Outside.

I sigh, and then straighten my nightgown. I nearly scream when I see him.

"W-What are you-"

Prince Jack is sitting on the bench beside me, his eyes intently watching me.

"I was making sure you were okay. I didn't think you wanted those guards with you when you woke up. So, now that you're awake, are you alright?"

I nod, and he exhales.

"Good, Lady..."

He struggles to see my name on my tag in the moonlight. I laugh.

"Elsa. And you are?" I joke.

He laughs a little. Maybe he's not that stuck up.

"Jack, my lady. And may I say, a fine lady you are." He jokes as I blush.

"So you're the Six, huh?"

Now he's done it.

"Is there a problem with that?"

"No, I-"

"You know, I didn't ask to be this. A Six. But you have no right to judge me when you don't even know me."

I say angrily,"Your Majesty."

He stands up, getting impatient, but still calm.

"Please, calm down. I wasn't judging you. If I came across as that, I'm sorry. I'm not like that, honest."

I sigh. "Fine."

Silence for a little while. I can feel his eyes on me, but he doesn't say anything.

"Well, I'll leave you alone for a bit, Lady Elsa. Goodnight."

He bends down to kiss my hand.

"Night, Frost." I smile, and he does the same.

"Goodnight."

He leaves me alone and I linger for a little longer, touching the flowers. I felt...somewhat happy when I was with him.

What does this mean?