Chapter Eleven

•Elsa's POV•

   The next morning, I wake up early and can't go back to sleep, no matter how hard I try. I get up out of bed and head to the gardens, the cool Angeles wind hitting my cool nightgown and robe. Even though it is freezing at night, this is the kind of weather I adore.

   I sit on the bench where Jack and I first met, but I notice movement in my peripheral. I am about to defend myself, thinking it is some sort of intruder, when I find that it a man I know.

      It is Jack. What is he doing up early? With the way he looks right now, with his hunched shoulders, furrowed brows, and bloodshot eyes, it seems he hasn't slept at all.

     It looks like he didn't even sleep. He still has his suit on from the day before, all in wrinkles. He now turns to me, noticing my gaze. Our eyes lock for a moment. His cheeks flush as he looks at my attire.

     He walks over. "You should have some guards out here. I don't want you to get hurt by being careless."

   "So should you." I scoff.

    I wrap my arms around myself awkwardly. "So you couldn't sleep?" I ask.

  He shakes his head. "I probably shoudn't be telling you this, but rebel forces are getting closer and closer to the palace by the day, day to day. A few advisors have asked me what I want to do, and I'm worried about that so much. My father expects highly of me, and I don't know if I can live up to him."

  I shake my head and step closer to him, running my hands over his shoulders. "Hey, I have to deal with over two dozen girls fighting over you. You'll be fine."

   He closes his eyes for a second, enjoying the rubbing sensation I am giving to his shoulders.

   He then laughs. "I needed that. Thank you, snowflake." I laugh.

  "New nickname?" He nods. "You like it?"

    I smirk. "Better than tie stealer."

  He looks at me in confusion for a moment as I take his tie and run off with it, laughing. He runs after me.

"You're gonna get it!" He eventually catches up with me and takes the tie back. I smirk as he struggles to put it on.

  "Great, how am I supposed to put it back on now?"

   I laugh. "Seriously? If the crown prince doesn't know how to tie a tie, we're in trouble."

   He laughs as I put it back on him. He looks down at me fondly, intently.

    He leans in for a little bit then says,"Sorry. I forgot that-"

    He stops himself and draws in a sharp breath as I kiss his lips and hug him.

   He sighs, pulling me closer to him. It aches at the thought of him doing this with the other girls, maybe even more. I mean, I'm not the prettiest, and by far not the most seductive. Why would he want me?

  He notices the hurt look on my face. "What's wrong? Is it something I've done?"

  I shake my head, smiling. "No, Jack, you could never do anything to make me mad. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"Nothing. It's nothing."

He looks at me in disbelief. "Elsa, can't we be completely honest with each other? I hate keeping secrets."

  "Well, it's just...how do I know you haven't done something...more intimate with the other girls?" He steps back, surprised I asked him.

"Please, Jack, I am honest with you." Partially. "Why can't you be honest with me?"

  "El, it's a little personal."

"So you have."

"Well-"

  "I don't blame you. You have so many more beautiful women here than me jay actually know how to-"

  Cold hands press to my hips and warm lips press to my own. After about a minute, he breaks away. "Elsa, I haven't done anything more intimate with them than I have with you. And I've kissed you more than the others. But, Elsa, that doesn't mean I won't. You're not the only girl here I have feelings for."

   And that, knowing the fact that he does have feelings for the other girls, hurts more than a thousand knives stabbing me in the heart.