Chapter 17: Welcome To The Show

Title: A Kiss To My Prince

Summary: After an incident with all the right intentions goes awry. Will Yuri be able to hand the consequences? Yuri wakes up 125 years back in past in Ciel's bed. Stuck in 1887, she helps Ciel and Sebastian to complete their mission as Queen's "guard dog" and also along the way, everyone who has become involved with her, has somehow gained an emotion they had once lost

Pairing: Sebastian x OC x Ciel with Claude x OC x Alois!

"My name is Yuri Park. There was an incident and I woke up in 1887. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home."

A/N: GUYS YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS SONG 'MIDNIGHT CIRCUS' BY SUNNYHILL!

IT IS REALLY GOOD AND THE LYRICS IS LIKE AN EVIL SIDE OF BRITNEY SPEAR'S CIRCUS. THE LYRICS TALKS ABOUT THE SINISTER SIDE OF CIRCUS AND THE HORROR WITHIN OF PEOPLE LAUGHING AT YOUR SADNESS.

This contains: 4th Arc of Kuroshitsuji manga 'Noah's Ark Circus Arc' chapter 24.
__________________

It really wasn't much different from the modern carnival. There are horns tooting, drums trilling, and just about as many nuances as there are spectacles in, well, a circus.

The use of various musical instruments such as the organ, drums, accordion, and trumpet helps set the mood of watching an exciting circus acts. Mixed with the sounds of carnival music was the excited laughters of swarms of people. Looking up to see the lights, 'NOAH'S ARK CIRCUS' painted brightly in yellow and red — common colour connoted with circus.

Circus. The word had so many connotations with sadness, irony and melancholy that many of us seemed to compare life alike to circus. Now I think I knew why. Despite its overly festive and carousel music and theme, this is a creepy place I want to run away. Undeniably, there was something about this circus that made my arms shiver with goosebumps.

The circus had many dangerous acts, right? Like a dangerous roller coaster. Like those rope crossing in air was very much like life. That if you look down and it really seems like the end and you can't see the end of that moment. Ultimately, show must go on and never stop.

There was laughter from every corner of the carnival. Isn't circus like life, cruel? We even make that ironic laugh when they cry yet like possessed, its our laughter that encourages the same reaction at their expense. This is like a prison without bars, I thought. Circus was never my favorite place.

Even if it were an entertaining party that fits everyone, adults or child but this is like a tragic comedy — a gamble with stage. But in the end, after all that glamour, the stage will be empty and no-one was on top of it like how we were born alone and would die alone. After the show is over, we have no else to go and we were fooled by the bright lights of this place.

"Is this it?" Ciel asked me, looking around for anything that seemed out of place or suspicious as we headed for the big tent where the main entertainment held place.

"By sight..it seems like an ordinary circus.." Noted Ciel.

I never been to circus before, except if you can count 5 years old me running away from the circus in China because I didn't know deep inside, harboured fear of clown and got lost in China — the world's biggest country, but I was luckily founded by this nice gentleman from Britain who brought me an ice cream and got our picture taken in front of this statue but I have absolutely no memory of it although the picture in album told different story, then no.