25: Triple Chocolate

*A/N: To whoever is reads this, I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long but I'm finally getting my 'mojo' back into writing... This chapter is dedicated to a special someone who inspired this chapter
Don't forget to comment, vote and enjoy!

25: Triple Chocolate

I always loved the sunrise, I had always been the witness to both sunset and sunrise, the mix of white blending into the hue of oranges and subtle yellows made me think of cocktails, of warmth and that brisk chill that brought autumn to life. Everything was like a reflection of fire and ice, the dark flame cut by the dark night fading into an unreplaceable blue. I never appreciated such things though. I never had the time to just stop and think back when everything seemed to be so caught up with me. But now I loved to wake up to the soft hue that waited outside, the crisp air, and the way it made everything seem fresh.

However, I woke up to the echoes of shouting bouncing off the walls, growling grizzles and thudding. My eyes stinging and sore I patter into the kitchen, my bare feet pattering against the tile floor and a shiver running down my spine as the sea breeze filters in, it was too cold and gloomy. The summer was truly over, the sky outside was a mottled grey and the waves were lapping and roaring at the shore outside.

“She needs to be put into her place, I don’t care who her father is!” Gray growls out, as I enter the kitchen him and Jasper are nose to nose, hands fisted at their sides. Jasper has a cut on his lip and Gray’s nose has a small trickle of blood beginning to make its way to the curve of his mouth.

“You know why I can’t leave, her you know what she has on me, she could ruin my career.” Jasper trembles, his breath shaking and his shoulders drooping.

“I know, man, I know. It hurts me to see you like this.” Gray releases his clenched fists and wraps his arms around the younger man patting his back.

“Am I interrupting something?” I ask, as I breathe a sigh of relief, it looks like whatever scuffle they had is over and gone with the heat of the moment.

“Of course not honey.” Gray smiles as he sees me stood in the doorway, he beckons over and I try not to skip to his side with excitement. Just having him close gives me a thrill, I tuck my arms around his waist look up at him with furrowed brows.

“You’re hurt.” I mutter and pull away looking at Jasper too who looks down embarrassed as he stills on a bar stool; I grab a paper towel and wet it at the kitchen sink before moving over to him. I press it to his lip where he winces and hisses. “It’s just water.” I roll my eyes before gripping his chin and moving it so I can see more clearly, it’s hardly anything, more like a bite but he still had blood spreading over his lips.

“Baby, why don’t you let Jasper do it he knows what he’s doing… come kiss my wounds better.” Gray chuckles at my attempt to be motherly, whilst Jasper looks sheepishly at me as I realise I am stood between his legs in just a long cotton shirt, I blush and back away to hide on the other side of the breakfast bar.

I give Gray a little kiss and a poke to the ribs as I pass him to open the refrigerator to grab the orange juice and pancake mix left over from yesterday. “So what were you boys fighting about?”

“I’m moving to New York, Riley’s dad helped me to land me a company in Manhattan.” Jasper smiles as he cleans his lip, eyes flickering to Gray before back over to me, guilt flashing in his eyes.

“Oh, so it’s a little bit of rivalry, I get it.” I nod, Gray sighs and takes a seat next to him, both looking glum.

“It’s not just the Manhattan deal, Cherry.” The guy who had such hope in his eyes, the one who had put so much work into the company, suddenly looked defeated. “Riley’s blackmailing Jasper.”

I have to drop the pan in my hand quickly before I had dropped it on my feet as I slipped a little on the tile. The heat burns at my fingers and I suck in a breath as I spin to face them, “What!?”

“She’s blackmailing me, to stay with her, to be in partnership with her dad, even to tell me to stay away from you and Gray.” The defeated look over his face is stormy, withdrawn and almost aged with exhaustion.

“Or what? She’ll tell some big secret? She can’t do that, its surely illegal.” I fluster as I cool my burning fingers under the tap.

“She’ll tell the Fortress about my old job, about how I used to be a male escort.” And that fills the room with an awkward air, Jasper scratches at the dark blonde curls at the base of his neck, Gray shuffles in his seat and I’m stunned as I shut off the water.

“I don’t see how that’s anything to be ashamed of, it’s how we make a living to get by, to pay the bills and put food on the table. What’s in the past is in the past don’t let it define you.” I jump out, my words flowing freely, a mini rant forming in my head.

“Cherry, we know, just don’t overthink okay? Come here.” Gray captures my wrist like a lasso and pulls me to perch in his lap. “It’s okay, we will handle it, don’t you worry your pretty little hair off.”

I giggle as I feel a kiss to my forehead, my nose and then my lips… he sure knows how to stop me from overthinking, from being a plank and letting my mind go into the unknown.

“Fine; just stop being assholes to each other okay?” I ask giving my best assertive tone, my hands on my hips and my eyes narrowing.

Jasper rolls his eyes but nods his agreement, whereas Gray is more stubborn and looks down guiltily till I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow… seriously he’s going to act like a child?

Then he sighs, his big stormy silver eyes burn a little brighter as he tucks me into his neck. “Whatever you say sweetheart.”