6: Zombie

6: Zombie

I had been working in Cherry Swirl since Gray had left yesterday, being here all night had allowed me to finally perfect the recipes I had been making for my cocktail selection. It was an idea I had gained from a young bride who had asked me to make her some 'naughty' alcohol inspired cupcakes for her bachelorette party. And so I had the idea to copy it for an annual thing, it had been a hit so far, sometimes I had been inspired to make more. And right not I felt like a zombie, which suited the rum dosed cocktail. For some reason Gray's touch was a drug to me and I was often left in a drunken like haze in his wake, a sexually frustrated haze that gave me no satisfaction at all. Next time I see him I am running the other way, I don't want anything to do this him, I am keeping myself locked up and bordered off as a no entry zone. A strictly no Gray entry. And my panties would be kept up this time... maybe I should invest in a chastity belt or something. But does that mean I'm off limits to even myself?

"Yo!" I hear from the front, stood in the kitchen out back I had been covered in icing and cake batter of all kinds, not hoping to open just yet. But the sound of Riley's voice had snapped me out of my little funk I had and out front where she had helped herself and Jasper to a cupcake which was no smeared over both of their faces as they mauled each other. Thank god no customers were here or they may have just thrown up over the freshly supplied store.

"So are you together now or what?" I ask with a sigh, coming out from behind my little safe home of behind the counter to clean up their mess. It looked like they had helped themselves to more than a few cupcakes. Great Mrs Finklesteen was going to miss out on her usual box of cherry swirl cupcakes that she insisted on having every day. One day I was going to slip her one of my chocolate orange cupcakes into the mix and she would love me for it.

"I guess we are, babe." Jasper purrs when she manages to take a second to pull apart from him, her hands around his neck as she perches on his lap. With a delighted squeal she goes back to kissing him in a frenzy.

"Just be aware I have customers okay." I smile as I open the old style glass store door, turning the sign to open and ushering my regular customers inside. A few of them waiting for their usual box of 12 to take to work and some just making themselves at home at the tables. I like these customers in the early morning, they don't care about the mess I'm in or the way that I look in yoga pants and a sloppy logo t-shirt because it is barely 9 am. I would have a rush this morning, then another storm of people on their lunch break which allowed me to finish up the cupcakes out back. If I get them right I am praying she will allow me to do her wedding cake, I needed the money, and she looked like she could offer it... just like Riley I could tell the bride had never done a day's hard work in her life.

By the time I am able to go back out back into the kitchens Riley and Jasper are still there sucking face. With a sigh I had rolled my eyes at them and quickly turned on the small player I had to drown out their lip locking noises. But it didn't drown out the thoughts I had of Mr dark and mysterious, with magic fingers and eyes that could melt diamonds; he sure had melted me, and it was new. No one had ever paid any interest in me, no one had ever wanted me that way, and so ever since Gray had been haunting my thoughts and my life I had wondered if this was all a joke. Some sick game that Riley had set up to end in embarrassment and shame, something to remind me of where I had come from and what my place in her life was. Some best friend, huh. But she was all I had, she was all I've ever had, was it that surprising that I didn't want to end that. That for every mean thing she does to me I know she has done much worse. Maybe Gray was right, why did I actually stay with her? How and why are we friends?

Damn that man, he made me question and overthink everything, but he also made me feel more confident. That was what I thought the piercings I had did to me, made me smile at myself in the mirror and hate what I saw a little less than before. It was like I could still feel his touch on me, I could still feel his breath on my neck, his presence was so consuming I felt like I was a mere speck. Intimidating. Dominating. That word in itself made m flinch a little, I was not shy and I knew what I was talking about most of the time, I knew it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies as people made it out to me- a part of me wanted to kneel and obey his every need and order but another part of me wanted to rebel against it.

"Customer!" Riley's loud screech bites though me and jolts me out of my haze, I had been piping like crazy for the last two hours making sure I got every single one perfect- it was like I was robotically hypnotised into piping and perfectly whilst still allowing myself to daydream about a domineering man between my thighs. Snap out of it! You promised yourself to a mental chastity belt.

It wasn't like it was Riley's job or anything, but thanks for the help. I can't help myself but be bitchy, I was in no mood for being played with. There I go again, lost in my thoughts, honestly you wouldn't think I was a v- "Welcome to Cherry Swirl, how can I help?... You." I cut myself mid thought as well as mid-sentence when my head snaps up to see a checked greyish brown suit, and steel grey eyes.

"And it's you." He replies back with cocky grin and all, he has a smirk on his face as he says it, a chuckle in his voice and I have to stop myself from leaping across the counter and killing him.

"What can I get you?" I ask as I prepare a small box for him, hoping he's here for a cupcake, I don't treat nicely from being a hot mess all over my cakes. I tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear and tug down my shirt with my logo straining against my breasts. Crap. His eyes lower down to them, licking his lips and then flickering back up to my eyes with deep dark lust flooding them. No, not now, not here.

"Cupcakes." He shakes himself of his stare off, mildly caught off guard but unnoticeable with his professional exterior, at that moments I want to roll my eyes, I giggle a little not being able to hold myself back and his face softens a little. "20 cupcakes." He nods his head almost like he has to convince himself.

"Staff party?" I ask as I load up a larger box that can just fit a dozen and prepare another. As I'm picking the first few cupcakes with his eyes and curt nods as indication to which he'd prefer, I admire his business attire.

"Something like that." he sighs, looking over his shoulder at Riley who exits the store almost storming out, no goodbye or anything, I think she must be arguing with Jasper or something. That or another guy she's seeing.

I bite my lip softly, which is the moment Gray takes to lean across and swipe his finger over my cheek, scooping up some icing that I blush over. I had forgotten how horrid I must look, I had enough ingredients on me to make another batch of cupcakes, we were in different worlds- would it even work if we did take this seriously? Would he even want anything serious? I had always wanted that romance sort of this, I mean it was just a night of sex for him but for me it needed to be something else. I needed some emotion back, I had been starved of it most of my life, I don't think I could do it to myself to be able to shrug it off like nothing. Or could I? I mean it was just sex, right? ... I'm sure it was great sex with him. I watch as he moves his finger to his lips, holding it there for a moment as he eyes me, and then with a strong confident movement he sucks his finger inn and withdraws it clean. That was hot. I would love to lick every inch of his body like he had just done to his finger.

"That's sixty dollars, please." I rasp out around a ball in my throat, it's almost a moan building with me, I have to choke it down- bite my lip and press my thighs together for the ache to go away. It was those eyes that made me feel this weak, those eyes that could thaw the coldest of ice but freeze water on the hottest summer day. The simple shiver that ran down my spine was surely one of the good ones, especially as I have over the large clear back with my logo on it, said cupcakes inside and a hefty bill with it.

He takes out a hundred and I pray I have the right change in my register to give him as I ring it up. But his hand over mine, the soft roughness of his fingertips pressing into my skin sent tingles through my body, made my head ache and my jaw hurt almost as if I had eaten something incredibly sweet. Was it like this for everyone? This tension? "Keep the change." He smiles kindly, I know it isn't pity, I know a strong man like him powerful in his status and pocket doesn't carry anything smaller than a fifty. The thought makes me sour a little.

"Thank you for the cupcakes but I think you know what I really want." He purrs a small whisper into my ear, he's so close to me, if I turn my head right now I could kiss him, make that suit a whole lot dirtier. Damn him, he fuelled this fire in me that I didn't know exist. I was a quiet girl, shy and simple, plain and dull to every on looker. But here I was feeling like a queen, like I was a goddess, powerful and beautiful. "Until next time." He winks and leaves. Just like that. I lost my chance once again, I lost my moment to pounce, if that's what I wanted to do- at that moment my body was so confused between wanted to pounce on him and let him tie me to the bed post, or shut that stupid smart mouth that made me melt and moan so easily.

That man had ruined me. I frown as I peel back the wrapper to the caramel apple cupcake I make, with a sigh of acceptance and defeat I take a bite and raise the white flag. I was so screwed.