4: Shirley Temple

4: Shirley Temple

A party in Riley's world buying is a boat load of booze that won't last ten minutes and food that won't get eaten especially by her because she'll either spend it passed out in the bathroom or locked in the bedroom with one of her guests.

I guess that means the cakes I made this morning will be eaten, which saves me a few calories, and makes my stress baking seem more productive. I loved our kitchen so after shopping for supplies I had spent most of my time in there fixing plates to put out for people, it was the one thing that made me agree to move in, as the house that Riley had made her dad pay for was pretty much ideal in her eyes yet she couldn't cook and all she wanted was the pool out back and leave me with a bedroom in the attic. Everything to make me feel as invisible as I seem.

It was why in times like these, where Riley had all her 'friends' over and the music was pounding hard enough that I wonder how anyone could actually talk to each other- not like they even bothered to do that. When this happened I just stayed in my room, I decided to dance, not anything impressive or elegant- it wasn't a dream of mine. Just something to let me forget for a while, I would play my music and just let my hips sway.

Pretending I have someone to dance for as I roll my hips and scrunched up my hair whilst I'm casually singing along and just being me. In my underwear, singing into my hairbrush when I can like a superstar and dancing like a pro.

Until I hear a wolf whistle from the door to my room which is when I realised I wasn't as alone as I thought.

With a startled scream I cross my arms over my body, trying to hide my chubbly stomach and flat chest, as I turn to see those metallic silver eyes I prayed wouldn't be standing in the door to my room. He wasn't wearing a suit today but instead looked preppy in a white shirt and black tight shorts with red sneakers, showing his perfectly sculpted tattooed arms and expensive branded sunglasses perched atop of his short thick brown hair. I need to stop staring, he already thinks I'm a freak- he just walked in on me dancing half naked.

"You don't need to hide from me Cherry." he smirks as he comes into my room scanning it with a critical eye.

I blush realising I am wearing not my best pair underwear, in fact of all that I had with lace and silk today was that day I chose to wear my cotton underwear spotted in polka dots and cherries.

I quickly take the chance of him looking out the small window to the garden, to put on a baggy shirt and some pyjama bottoms to cover myself- even though I felt like a beautiful goddess sometimes when reality set in I always felt disappointed.

"You're not a party person?" Gray asks as he turns back around just as I'm tugging down my baggy white shirt, it doesn't sound like a question but I shake my head looking down at my fingers as they fiddle with the edge of my shirt.

"Why are you friends with Riley?" He asks taking a seat on the plain cream quilted bed, he looks comfortable on it but I know my springy matress is nothing compared to his own cloud-like bed. "I mean, why like someone who treats you like you don't exist?" He says tilting his head to the side, looking up at me under his thick black eyelashes and I try not to mentally swoon.

"She's the only one who seemed to care when I needed them. I'm friends with her because no one else would be." I sigh as I turn away from him, he was trying to get to a part of me I didn't want to access, I didn't want to question it because it made me rethink everything. Make me think about why I am here...

"I think you are too hard on yourself." I watch him move from the bed to stand behind me. His hands come up to move my hair over my shoulders touching my neck and moving down to my waist. "You shouldn't look at yourself with the hate in your eyes I see now." With a small gasp escaping my chest I feel him pull my shirt right so its snug against my body showing every horrible roll and bump. "Your body is so pure and untainted. So compliant and malleable." His soft breath against my neck matches the feeling of his smooth touch with rough fingertips running along my arm almost tickling me.

"Join us, Cherry." He whispers and my eyes snap open.

"No." I choke out, it's strangled and almost a moan but it's enough to make me jump forward out of his arms. He wouldn't do this to me again, making me turn to putty in his hands and then pouring me in ice cold water, I was strong enough not to fall for the way he was playing cat and mouse. He wanted one thing from me, something I wouldn't give, and he won't give up until he has it... I just needed to remind him of what he needed in order to do that.

"Don't make me beg." He pouts but smirks with a lick to his lips. I would pay to see the sight of him on his knees.

Sure you would, he is probably thinking the same. My inner conscience mutters to me and I try to stop myself from eyerolling.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you." His voice and eyes darken but shine through with a playful twinkle.

With a startled yelp my body is picked up with a huff from Gray as he puts me over his shoulder. My ass level with his cheek and my head dangling down to capture a might fine image of his own ass in his right black Jean shorts where I see some black of a tattoo peek out from his lower back thigh.

"Put me down Gray!" I hiss as he begins down the flights of stairs from the attic making me bounce on his shoulder. Oh no! He probably regrets picking me up now, I'm so heavy. Wait, did I shave my legs- are they hair? His one hand is wrapped around my thigh and the other over my ass which he slaps with a growl.

"No, no, kitten, I like knowing where I stand with you." He chuckles but I don't know if the blush is from hanging upside-down or from embarrassment. Probably both.

"I'm not your kitten or your cherry, put me down." I feel myself start to slip down his back, with a squeal I wrap my arms around his hip... Hello there Gray junior.

"Okay, I'll put you down." He says somewhat seriously but ends with a chuckle. It's then that I realise we are outside and everyone us watching, I can barely take a breath when I am plunged into the water.

The water clogs in my ears with suction and the rocking notion of the pool as my head is pulled under with my body. My mouth open in shock and suddenly burning with the sour sting of the water. I kick and reach up and out for a hand, anybody or anything to help me, but it doesn't take me long to be tired and just feel myself sinking. Down.