20. Are we allowed to kill civilians

Start from the beginning

"See you soon?" He asks.

I pretend to ponder the question. "Possibly." I finally answer before turning on my heel and walking away. As soon as he drives off out of sight I run towards Cody's house. Luckily he doesn't live that far away. I just couldn't have Zack knowing that. I enter the house and am immediately assaulted by high pitched screeches.

"The hell?" I mutter.

"What are you doing back, you're supposed to be with lover boy." Devin states.

He's carrying a large black trash bag...and a knife.

I massage my forehead with my fingers. "I came back to make sure you didn't do anything stupid."

"I'm not doing anything stupid, I'm doing everyone a favor. People can only go so long listening to her pitchy parrot voice." He grumbles.

"Whose voice?" I question. I get my answer as a girl comes around the corner. Her top is too tight, her skirt too short. You could probably create a dust storm with the amount of makeup caked on her face, and her bleached hair was not helping her look at all. I stare at her dumbfounded. It's not often I'm caught off guard.

"Who the hell are you?" She screeches.

I glance at Devin out of the corner of my eye. He seems to wait for me to attack her first.

"Yes," I tell him, he scrunches his eyebrows up in confusion.

"What?"

"Yes, you're allowed to kill civilians...in self-defense," I tell him. He smirks back at me.

"Man, quick someone do something to make her go at me."

"I'm right here!" She fumes.

"And the door is right there," I tell her. She gapes at me, before glaring harshly.

"Excuse me?!" She screeches. Devin covers his ears and pretends to die. I roll my eyes at him.

"I didn't stutter."

"You have no idea who you're talking to." She hisses.

"My ears! Oh my ears, they're bleeding! They're bleeding!" Devin cries out as he rolls around on the floor covering his ears. I sigh as I stare down at him. She fumes.

"Narissa you need to leave." I jump slightly at the close proximity between me and Cody, who I hadn't even realize, came up behind me.

"I am an invited guest." she sneers. "I don't have to go anywhere."

"Who invited her?" I whisper to Cody.

"Hayden." He answers, my blood boils. "We already tried asking him to get her to leave, he's the only one she'll listen to." I turn and start up the stairs. "Where are you going."

"To get Hayden to get her to leave."

"I already told you we tried asking him."

"You tried asking," I reply as I pull my dagger from the small of my back. I watch him run a hand over his face in resignation. "I'm going to try forcing."

I head up the stairs quietly and stand in front of his door. Should I knock?... Nah. I bring my foot up and kick the door down.

"What the hell?" He turns and sees me, his fists clench. "For a second I thought you were my brother, but then I realized not even he's not stupid enough to do that."

"Good to know." I cross my arms over my chest. "She needs to go."

"Who?"

I glare at him. "Don't play stupid with me."