Chapter 1

I quickly rushed to my locker, not wanting to run into Lisa's clique. She was already giving me Hell when she was dating Alex, my older and annoying brother, but now the Hell has recently increased from the fact that they broke up and it was mainly, from what Lisa said, "My fault."

I sighed. I felt bad for Alex, he was really in love with Lisa but her hatred for me was something he couldn't ignore. It was so bad until one day he had caught Lisa grabbing me by the hair and cursing up a storm at me, wondering why the Hell was Alex related to some skank like me.

"Jenniferrr!" I freeze, shit, she caught me. I turned my head and watched as Lisa, Holly Madison, and Kara walk towards me. I don't know how many times I had to tell Jenny that my name was not Jennifer, but Jenny. Jenny Gaskarth.

Before I have time to shut my locker after grabbing my books, Lisa leans back on the door, an impish grin looming on her face. She was probably gearing up a snide remark about what I was wearing today.

"Look, guys! The ugly duckling of the Gaskarths is trying to run off and study with Alex. How cute." She and Kara giggled, as Holly frowned and looked down. I don't understand why Holly hung out with Lisa and Kara, they were just bad news. Well, it would have been awkward if she hung out with Jack and the band after their breakup, I guess.

The band, All Time Low, was a pop-punk band inspired by Blink 182 and Green Day. Alex and Jack, his best friend and lead guitarist, were the ones that came up with the idea to start this band. I supported them, and I was happy for them. But when that band was created, that was the time when Holly and Jack had called it quits. The two couldn't handle both the band and Holly being in every school activity and not being able to see each other. It was a shame, honestly, Jack seemed less enthusiastic going to band practice but he didn't want to give up being in All Time Low.

"What do you want, Liza?" I retorted back at her, and she frowned. I was getting real tired of the same jabs she used on me day after day and for some reason, I felt like I could stoop to her level. Just this once.

She smacked her gum in annoyance.

"It's Lee-sah. Lisa. It's not that hard, but I understand you aren't quick on the uptake so it's okay. You'll get there eventually." She smiled, and I rolled my eyes.

"That's an ugly shirt by the way. Did you dumpster dive in the school's trash to get it?"

Was she always like this? I don't understand what Alex saw in her. She acts all fake in front of him, but when it comes to anyone else, she's a plain bitch. She went back to frowning and got up from my locker, eyeing someone behind me. I didn't have time to turn around as their voice answered for me.

"Bothering Jenny again, Lisa? Alex wouldn't like that."

The books in my arms suddenly felt a lot heavier. It was embarrassing when Jack or any of Alex's friends come to save my hide. I could fight my own battles, but no, I will always be Alex's little sister in everyone's eyes. The pros of it, however, are nice to watch. It's obvious Lisa still had feelings towards my brother and it was awkward for her whenever somebody Alex knew caught her in the act of bullying me.

She says nothing, but rolls her eyes and turns her heel, walking back the other direction. Kara follows, but Holly stays behind.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles, looking me in the eyes.

"Why do you hang out with them, Holly? They're bullies." She shakes her head as Jack crosses his arms. I knew it disappointed Jack that she was siding with Lisa but we also knew that they became friends because Lisa dated Alex and Jack dated her, instant best friends. But that didn't mean she should have stooped to her level.