Chapter 28

~⌚️~
So now we are a couple of blocks away from my house. We are playing 20 questions. It is his turn.

He asks "When was the last time you cried? And like explain why."

I start thinking and it hits me. I remember the other day of school because I got detention. I debate on whether I should tell Scott.

Like what do I tell him? Oh I got detention cause Cameron Watters and I got caught in the girls bathroom together. Like I clearly can't tell him that.

"Um I can't remember." I say looking the other way, so he couldn't tell from my face that I was lying.

"Come on you have to know. You can tell me." He says regaining my eye contact.

"Fine my third day of school after I moved here. My turn." I say trying to avoid telling him why I was crying.

"Wait you have to tell me why." He says.

"Why what?" I say playing stupid.

"Why were you crying?" He says.

"I got detention." I say putting my hands over my face in embarrassment.

He starts laughing "You got detention your third day of school?"

"Yeah." I giggle.

"What did you do? You didn't beat up anyone right?" He asks.

"That's another question it's my turn." I say.

"It's a secret. huh?" He says.

"Okay my turn. When was the last time you cried?" I ask.

"Hey you can't use my questions." He says.

"I can do whatever I want. I'm the one making up the rules here." I smile.

"First tell me why you got detention then I'll tell you." He smirks.

"No." I say.

But I really kinda wanna know the last time he cried though. I could always just make something up but... I don't know.

"If I told you I'd have to kill you." I say.

"Come on what did you do pull a fire alarm or something?" He questions.

"Yeah something like that." I laugh.

"Let's turn back now." He says.

"Okay." I respond.

~⌚️~

We get back to my house and I see that my dad's car is back in my driveway.

"Maybe I should get going now." Scott says looking at my dad's car.

"Okay." I say.

"I'll see you later." He says.

"Okay bye I'll see you Monday."

This has to be the awkwardest bye I have ever had with somebody. I didn't know if I should hug him or not. He did bring me flowers, but still we haven't known each other for that long yet.

He gets into his car and starts it up. He waves and I wave back. He drives away.

I start walking towards my front door when I see Cameron's door open. I start walking faster to avoid him.

I then see little Brooke run out and yell "Sophie!" And wave.

I wave back and yell "Hey Brooke!" And she starts running over to me. I realize she is probably not allowed to be outside alone... Cameron follows after her.

She comes up to me and hugs me. I look down at her and say "Whatcha doing Brooke?"

She answers "Cammy said if I ran up to you and gave you a hug he would give me five bucks."

Cameron rolls his eyes and yells "Brooke!"

"Oh Cammy said that huh?" I say looking at Cameron.

"No I didn't." He answers.

"How was your little date with Scott?" Cam asks.

"It wasn't a date." I say.

"Then how was your little get together?" He says.

"I just remembered I got to go. It was nice seeing you Brooke." I quickly say giving Brooke a quick hug and rushing towards my door.

I could vividly hear Brooke say "I wonder what she has to do that's so important." Which makes me laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note- thanks so much for reading if you enjoyed don't forget to leave a vote. And please comment any thoughts or ideas for the future.

Team Scott or Team Cameron?