Nico di Angelo

*EDITED* Solangelo!!!!!!! This is an AU, so no one is a demigod. Bianca's still alive and Percabeth is together, so is Jiper and Frazel and Caleo...

And then there's Solangelo...

"Nico, you have to go. It's prom. Come on, all your friends are going to be there. It'll be fun," Bianca urges. My sister is exasperated by my protests, I know. She's been prompting me to go to the dance all week, she even got me a suit.

"Bianca, you know how much I hate dances," I whine, flopping onto my bed.

She nudges me with her foot. "I know, but Will's definitely going to be there."

I feel my face turn scarlet at the mention of his name. "Bianca, he'd never date me," I mumble sourly into my pillow.

My sister flies out of her seat, flinging her hands in the air. "Gods above, Nico. You are hopeless!" She shakes her head. "Fine. Don't go!" Bianca whirls out of my room, slamming the door in a huff.

I wince at the sound of her footsteps on the stairs, but breathe a sigh of relief. I close my eyes, stretching out over my bed. Finally I'd gotten her off my case.

"Nico di Angelo! You will go to that prom and that's final!"

I groan, shoving my pillow into my face. I moan as I listen to my cousin's heavy footsteps tramp up the stairs. Thalia Grace is scary and no one, no one defies her. My bedroom door bangs open and the pillow is ripped away from my face. Leering over me is a girl with piercing blue eyes and a silver tiara at odds with her 'Death to Barbie' T-shirt.

I cringe and protest weakly, "Well, you're not going. So why do I have to?"

She glares threateningly. "Ahh, but we're not talking about me, are we little cousin?"

I cringe away from her. "Okay, okay!" I wave my arms in defeat when her hand clenches into a fist. "I'll go, no need to get violent!"

My cousin smirks, mumbling something about me being too easy. I ignore her though as she clomps back downstairs, making my heart pound in anticipation. I can already see his blond hair bobbing around in the mess of formal wear. Taking a deep breath, I mentally prepare myself to see him again. Come one, Nico, pull it together, I tell myself.

"NICO! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IN 10 MINUTES! PUT THE DAM TUX ON!" Somehow Thalia knows I haven't moved.

Sighing, I stand slowly from my bed and shuffle to my closet. Going stag to prom isn't weird. No, what's really weird is while I'm suffering in the stuffy room with hoards of hormonal teenagers, my sister and my cousin are going off paintballing. Their entire friend group is boycotting prom and instead they're all going to go kill each other. I'd crash, but they all hate me. Well, they have this prejudice against guys in general, so I try not to take it personally, but it's hard, you know? They have started an entire club at school based on hating guys. Something to do with following in the footsteps of the maiden goddess Artemis? I don't really understand it too much. I just try to avoid them all as much as possible.

Long story short, I'm stuck going to prom alone. Well, more accurately, I'm stuck going to prom as a ninth wheel. Which is sad, even for me.

You see, Thalia's twin brother Jason rented out a limo for the evening. Which is pretty cool, but not the point. And of course he's bringing his girlfriend Piper. He also decided to invite our cousin Percy as well as my half-sister (long story) Hazel and their dates, because he is actually nice and considerate unlike his sister.

Now at this point, I'm only seventh wheeling. Which is bad enough. This is where I mention that Jason is best friends with a guy named Leo, who is certifiably insane and incredibly ADHD. And somehow - somehow - has a girlfriend. So yes, I am freaking ninth wheeling. NINTH. WHEELING.