3.6

june 8th, 1:23 am

[luke]

Luke lied awake in his bed, unable to sleep. His mind was clouded with thoughts that he simply could not delete from his mind.

There was something on his chest that he wish he could say, let the weight off his shoulders finally, but he knew he couldn't.

Glancing over at the clock on his bedside table, he let out a groan at the time. He just wanted to get a little sleep, but he couldn't shut his mind off. Luke had this problem a lot.

He sometimes thought he was slightly an insomniac, but the doctors said he wasn't. Luke certainly had anger issues and was borderline bipolar, but insomnia wasn't one of the things on the list of things that were wrong with him, he would say.

Sometimes he just simply couldn't shut his brain off, which is a normal thing, really. After awhile of his mind running a million miles an hour, he couldn't take it anymore.

Luke reached over to his bedside table, grabbing his phone and headphones in hopes that the music wouldn't drown out his thoughts. As he opened his phone, the brightness of his phone made his eyes immediately squint at the sudden brightness. His finger swiped up on his phone so he could turn down the brightness.

Clicking on the music app, he scrolled through his music quickly before tapping on a song called 'Goner' by Twenty One Pilots. He thought this would be good to fall asleep to.

As the song played through his ears, his mind wondered to thoughts of Sam once again. It was odd how a girl he met only a few months could make his life so different. He slept around a lot before her, but now he doesn't.

Why you ask? He didn't know. Why would he stop his ways for a girl who one: didn't like him, and two: they weren't even in a relationship. He couldn't understand why he liked a girl so much that hated him, but  the chase was a little fun, wasn't it? He liked that she want easy, because let's face it, most girls Luke slept with were easy.

Most girls he met were, all just controlled by sex. They had no morals. But Sam? She was different. If she was around she'd probably slap him for calling her something so cliché. He chuckled a little at the thought of her, the way her face scrunched up when she was angry was cute, really.

But, soon enough, he finally fell asleep into a peaceful sleep and finally free of his never ending thoughts.

//

Luke rubbed his eyes as he entered the school hallways, squinting a little at the overly bright lights lining the halls of hell. He was relived that he would soon never attend her again. So soon, he would be free of this place.

He didn't hate school as much as the average student, due to his popularity and such but, that didn't mean he really enjoyed school. There was so many better ways that he could spend his days, and sitting in school was not on the top of his list.

As he strolled down the halls he shot a couple desperate looking girls a wink. He wanted to keep up the illusion that he was still the player that he once was, because that seemed to make people more interested in him. People liked to wonder why he slept around so much, but no one would ever know that.

Not even Luke himself would really know why he did. He looked down to his hands and fiddled with the silver ring on his hand, he did this a lot for some reason. Suddenly, he was stopped by a body standing in front of him.

"Katherine." Luke eyed the fellow blonde stood in front of him.

"Lucas." She replied, crossing her arms over her chest, looking his long body up and down.