3.1

same day

[sam]

"Sam! I'm home!" Sam's dad called.

She wasn't used to her dad coming home now. She was used to just having the house to herself but her dad got back a few days ago from his trip. He was away for so long, she was almost used to living on her own at this point.

"Is that your dad?" Luke said, still breathing a little heavy from the kissing.

"Yeah it is." She said and bolted towards the door, "Stay here."

"Why can't I come down?" He asked.

"My dad won't be happy if all he sees is you around, he'll think we're together or some shit." She scoffed.

"Right." Luke awkwardly took a seat on her bed and waited for her to return.

"Hey Sam." Her dad said, pulling her into a hug and kissing her forehead.

"How are you?" She said, trying to make a conversation.

"Good, love. How about you?" He asked, hanging up his coat in the wardrobe.

"I'm fine dad." Sam smiled, nodding.

"Great! Happy to see you in a better mood."

"You're home early today." Sam said as he sat down on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm trying to get off work sooner so we can spend more time together." He smiled at her, switching on the tv.

"Great." Sam smiled, she stood up and headed towards her room. She suddenly stopped and spun around on her heals, "I was actually going out for a walk, do you mind?"

"Not at all love. See you for dinner later on?"

"Of course." She nodded and hopped upstairs to be faced with Luke once again.

"Okay, so you're going to have to go out the window." She said, grabbing her leather jacket and hat.

"Are you crazy?" Luke shot up from her bed with a worried expression.

"Maybe I am." She challenged.

"I'm starting to think you are."

"I thought you were a bad boy?" Sam smirked at him and slammed her bedroom door behind her.

He stood there for a moment, then walked over to her window. "God damnit, Sam."

//

"Was that so hard?" Sam laughed at Luke who was laying on the grass in her backyard.

"Yes! It was." He grumbled and stood up, brushing the grass from his pants off.

They both exited her backyard without anyone seeing them luckily and ventured out onto the quite streets. It was nice the neighbourhood that she live in, it was really quite and a good place to walk around in and think, which she did a lot of. It was also a good place to be able to walk around and listen to music and not fear that someone may hit you with a car because you couldn't hear them coming. You could just be, oblivious.

"Where do you want to go?" Luke asked, stuffing his hands into his front pockets. Some how he was able to fit his hands into his tiny, tight little pockets of his.

"Just walk, I guess." Sam shrugged. He nodded back and they just continued to walk peacefully down the streets. It was still a bit cold for this time of year, but England wasn't exactly the warmest place.

She started to think about the summer that was approaching quickly, and then there was the option of going to Uni. What was she going to do when the summer ended? Would she leave this town? Start a new life? All of this was starting to become overwhelming. Surely she hated school, but once school was over, what would she do? She didn't know what she wanted to go to Uni for. She didn't want to leave her only friends and have to make new ones so quickly.