Chapter 14

A wave of water splashed on to me as Jake cannon balled into the pool.

It had been about two weeks since the waterfall experience and since then everything's been different. No more fighting. No more drama. Just us.

"You ass, I was trying to tan," I scream jokingly as I reach for a towel to dry myself off.

"Sorry I couldn't help myself. You looked like you were getting a little hot," he grinned, swimming up next to me.

"Shut up", I laugh.

He pulled himself out of the pool and grabbed a towel as well. Once finished with drying himself off he plopped himself in a chair next to me. He turned to me and gave me a 'I'm trying to act normal' kind of smile.

"What,?" I ask, wanting to know what was going on.

"Nothing," he says, a little to fast.

"Jake. Tell me. " I demand.

"Okay fine. Well today I need you to do something very big for me."

"And that would be?"

"Meet my parents."

"Fine."

"Really?" He said, almost surprised.

"Might as well. Besides. I know if I say no you'll end up forcing me to do it anyways," I smile.

"You know me to well," he grins.

He then leaned over ad grasped my waist pulling me over to him. Gently, he laid a small kiss on my lips before pulling back. I pushed myself off of him and stood up.

"So when do you want me to meet them?" I ask while throwing my damped hair in a bun.

"Tonight. Probably around ten. Oh and there going to be alot of other important people there so it's kinda a big deal," he answered, also getting up.

"What time is it now?"

" Seven thirty."

" Damn, well I better go get ready," I rush, starting to head inside.

"You need three hours to get ready?" he laughed.

"Shut up," I grin as I run inside and up to my room

I was surprised to see Sierra was already in there, already prepared with a red flowing ball gown at hand.

"How did you know?" I question.

"Jake alerted me earlier today."

"Ugh, what an ass," I laugh,"So are you just here to watch me or..?"

"No, I have been instructed to get you ready myself."

"Hair,makeup, and everything?"

"Yes ma'm" she smiled, grabbing my arm and pulling me into a chair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After more than two hours of plucking, pulling, and pampering I was finished.

Sierra helped me out of the chair and motioned me to turn around. As I spun around showing Sierra her master piece I could see a smirk on her face.

"How do I look?" I ask.

"Take a look for yourself," she grinned, pointing to the mirror.

I turned around and looked at someone unrecognizable. There was no way this could be me. Sierra had some how managed to make me look almost goddess like.

My curly blonde hair laid perfectly over my chest. My lips as red as a rose and eyes that shone brighter than the sun.

'"How?" I say as a tiny droplet of water trickled down my cheek.

She quickly wiped it and give me a small grin.

"Years and years of practice sweetie."

"But I don't understand. Why do I have to be so dressed up just for meeting his parents?"

"Hmmm," she thought," Well Jakes parents are different."

"Different how?"

"Royal. King and Queen Monet are the highest of the high in the vampire world. They run all things good and bad and since Jake is there son and Eire to the thrown and you being his mate and all that makes it very important that you be... Presentable."

"Jake never mentioned any king queen bull shit! How was I never told this! I don't want to be queen or princess or whatever!" I tell as my blood quickly starts to boil.

I didn't know whether to be angry or nervous. Jake lied to me once again and now I have to go meet the rulers of the vampire race!

"Sarah! You need to calm down! The only reason he probably didnt tell you about it is because he knew you'd freak out like this. Now you need to get yourself together because the meeting is big. And I mean BIG. you can throw your little 'I'm mad at jake' hissy fit later, but for now you need to focus on the task ahead and think of others above yourself."

Whoa. I didn't think I could ever see Sierra like that. I felt a slight coldness rush through my body as I felt guilty for acting so selfish.

"Uhh...i... I'm sorry." I stutter.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have freaked out like that. It's just I really want this to go well for you. I care about you Sarah and I don't want anything bad to happen because of silly mistake. Now Jakes outside the door waiting for you. Good luck."

"Thank you. So much." I say as I go in for a hug.

I finally released her and opened the door. As she had said Jake was waiting for me.

His eyes met mine and I swear I could see his pupils get bigger.

"You look outstanding," he spoke reaching in for my hand.

I pulled my hand back and gave him a glare.

"Why didnt you tell me the complete truth about tonight. About your parents. About everything."

"What are talki-"

"Jake I know you know what I'm talking about," I say sternly.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just thought you'd take it the wrong way and want to leave me," he spoke softly.

I was about to say something else but then I thought about what Sierra had said and took a deep breathe before continuing.

"Jake, you know I'd never leave you. I just want you to be completely honest from now on, that's all I ask. Okay?"

"Okay I promise,"he grins, satisfied that I had forgiven him once again.

"Well, I guess we should go then," I smile, taking hold of his hand.

"Are you ready?" He asked nervously.

"I hope so. "