Chapter 23

The old winery smelt of rotting wood and overly ripened grapes. Except for the horrible stench, the actual building itself was magnificent. The front made it seem like an actual winery but as soon as you stepped in it was a completely different story. It looked almost as if it was the inside of a castle from the middle ages, giant intimidating furniture, stone pillars holding up the weak decaying wood, long intricate rugs and quilts alining along the floor, and what seemed to be actual torches that lit the entire place instead of actual electricity.

No one seemed to be home but as I took a step further in I heard giant footsteps approach. I turned to see a towering body looming over me. He had to at least 6'10, with muscles so chiseled they looked almost fake. I turned my head up a bit more to get a better look at him only to meet his deep, almost grey eyes. His charcoal black hair pulled back perfectly defining his jaw. His tanned skin seemed to have no flaws expect for a scar that lead from the top of his left shoulder into his shirt.

I quickly snapped out of it to realize it was obvious I was totally checking him out. It's not my fault though that all demonic creatures happen to be amazingly attractive.

An awkward silence drew over the room until I could finally find words, "You must be Archeli."

He eyed me up and down with a small grin, making a cold shiver run throughout my tired and aching body.

"That is my last name, you can call me Emmet," he spoke softly and deeply, his words sounding angelic.

"Do you know why we are here, Emmet?" I ask.

"Of course, I have heard many things about you and your motives. Though it puts me in great danger to accompany you, I am obligated to seek what I have been told to do," he answered seriously.

"And what would that be?" I question.

"To teach you all I know, and train you for what is to come. I must warm you though that I only have two days with you, and those two days will be tortuous and exhausting but you will follow my every order. Do you understand?"

I demanding and forceful tone was more than intimidating,especially coming from someone I had just met only moments before. If I could even get passed introducing myself, how was I expected to spend the next to days with him. I turn around to see Jake gazing at me, arms folded over his chest as if to say 'I'm not helping you.'

"Yes, I understand," I answered,"but what about my friends?"

"Don't worry about your friends. They will be safe staying in my underground hideout the remainder of the time that you will spend here. Once you are finished training, you and your friends can then leave safely."

"What if I want to quit half way through?"

"Trust me, you will not quit. You could be crying and begging to stop but I can guarantee you that you will not leave until I am finished with you," he chuckled lightly.

I heard a faint growl come from behind me. Jake had obviously not been a big fan of his choice of words.

"Calm down, I shall not put her in that much pain. But you should enjoy you're last night with her. You're room is down the hall to two doors to the left. Do not leave at anytime through out the night or I will know,"he looked at me and smirked," I will be there first thing in the morning to collect you. Sweet dreams."

 And with that, he turned around and walked outside into the dark and luminous night, making sure to lock the door behind him. For only just meeting him I could already tell the next two days would be a living hell, literally. His charming looks were obviously just a mask for what laid deep inside him. I plan to figure out what that 'thing' was in the next two days as well. Was he even a vampire? or another type of satanic creature like the demon I had met earlier?

 "No, he is a vampire," he chuckled," A very old one to be at that."

 "I thought you said you could read my mind," I question, turning to face him. 

 "I felt you're confusion," he grinned. 

 "Well you can't get mad at me for reading your thoughts, then you read my emotions," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.