Chapter 3

Kelley's POV

I got to my dorm room, and took a deep breath. Hopefully my roommate isn't here. I open the door, and freeze. Now I wish I didn't have a roommate at all.

"Hi Kelley" Julie said, smiling at me.

"Hi Julie" I say, putting my stuff down on my side of the room.

"So we're roommates then?" She asks.

"Unless I walked into the wrong room by mistake" I smile.

I help out my family with moving in a bed and desk, and a tv, and a soft chair in, along with other cool stuff.

JJ's mouth was agape.

When I bid my parents goodbye, JJ just grinned at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Dude you're rich" She laughs.

"Nah" I smile, sitting on my bed. "We're just well off"

"Well off for a thousand years" JJ chuckles, then leans back in her desk chair.

"So I was going to hang with my friends. Wanna join?" I ask, trying to be nice.

"Sure" JJ smiles, and we walk out of our dorm, then I notice someone really pretty walk towards us.

"Move JJ, you're blocking the view" I grin, trying to get a better look at the girl.

"I am the view" JJ teases, then stands there a second longer, then gets out of the way.

I stop staring once I realize she's heading right at me.

Act natural. I tell myself.

"Hi" She says.

"Hi" I say back.

"You're Kelley O'Hara right?" She asks, and I'm a little taken back on this.

How does she know my name?

"Yeah" I say, and she smiles.

"I recognized you from your pictures with Tobin" She says, then adds. "Speaking of Tobin, do you know where she is?"

"Uh, no. But you can tag along with us. We're going to see our friend, and she's probably with her" I say. She thanks us with a smile. "What's your name?" I ask.

"My name? Alex Morgan. I'm from Cali"

"I've heard about you from Tobin" I say.

"Tobin talks about me?" She blushes.

"Yeah well.." I smile, not sure if I should have said that bit of info.

"Let's go find Christen and Tobin" JJ saves me.

"Yeah" I say, and we head to the front of the school, where Christen said to meet her.

I spot Christen and Tobin, and wave them over. Alex shifts from foot to foot, biting her lip as Tobin walks over.

"Hi Kells! Hi JJ!" Christen said, and then I introduced her to Alex.

"Tobin" Alex smiles.

"Alex" Tobin grins, then they hug each other so hard I can't believe Tobin or Alex could breathe.

I smile at Christen.

She's thinking the same thing as me. She grins.

"Alright ladies, enough of this love fest" I wink at Tobin, who blushes, releasing Alex. "Let's go to my room. I got a TV set up and I brought my whole movie collection"

Tobin's mouth is hanging.

"All of your movies?" She asks in disbelief.

"Every single one" I grin.

"Let's go!" Tobin said, and she grabs Alex's hand as she follows me and JJ to our room.

Inside our room, JJ is setting up all the books she brought in her bookshelf. She reads a ton.

"So ladies, are we ready for college?" Tobin asks, still holding Alex's hand. I wonder if they're dating.

"Totally. I've already bought all my textbooks and everything. I am so excited" JJ smiles.

Her smile makes me wonder why I dislike her so much.

Everyone talks forever, about their family. Everyone but Tobin, and she doesn't have to explain why.

"So I am going to have a party. It's going to be in my dorm tomorrow at nine or whenever you can make it. You all should come" Alex says.

"That would be sick" Tobin says in her swaggy way.

"Yeah, we'd totally go" I grin.

"Good. Can't wait for tomorrow. I'm hoping to meet some new people tomorrow, and hopefully they won't be drunk" Alex laughs.

I glance at Tobin. Although she's religious, her family situation can make her forget, and then she can get a bit....tipsy. Believe me. I know.

"Alex, who're you rooming with?" Tobin asks.

"This chick named Morgan Brian" Alex says. "What about you Tobs?" She asks.

"I'm with Christen" Tobin says.

"And I'm with JJ!" I call out, laughing because I wasn't the one in the conversation.

"So it's only six. What do you gals want to do?" JJ asks.

"I was thinking of exploring Kelley's movie collection" Christen grins.

"Sounds good. You in Kelley?" Tobin asked.

"Well of course!" I say, and Tobin pops a movie in.

We all get on my and JJ's beds, and Christen and I sit on the chair I brought.

Christen rests her head on my shoulder, and I stroke her hair.

We finish the movie, and everyone goes back to their rooms.

"Listen Kelley, I don't know what happened to us, but I want to try and be friends again. Do you want to try?" JJ asks out of the blue.

Should I?

"Sure JJ" I say, and she smiles, satisfied, then she goes to sleep.

Only I don't.

I stare at my ceiling, and think about home, and how much I already miss it, but I've got Tobin, and she's the last bit of home I have left. But even she is getting away. She's got Alex, and Christen has JJ. I've got me. But for some reason, it's not satisfying.

I somehow sleep, without a dream.